General Post Office, Central Accra
|Employees||1,650 (December 2016)|
On January 26, 2017, employees of Ghana Post publicly protested against the current management, leveling accusations of embezzlement. Some of the Ghana Post employees accused Eric Yao, then Managing Director, of colluding with Head of ICT, Godfred Aboagye, and director of finance and administration, Solomon Agyeito, to embezzle funds. Aboagye was promptly removed from his job and put under investigation for embezzlement.
In the following month the Government of Ghana removed Yao from his post and appointed James Y. A. Kwofie as the Acting Managing Director with effect on February 22, 2017.
- "Ghana Post Diversifies Operations". Modern Guide. December 20, 2016.
- http://www.upu.int/restricted_unions/en/wapc_members.html Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "Why Unionised Staff Want Ghana Post Management Dissolved". Ghana Star. February 3, 2017.
- "Ghana Post ICT boss interdicted over embezzlement claims". Citi News. January 30, 2017.
- "Akufo-Addo appoints new Ghana Post MD". Citi News. February 25, 2017.
- "Meet Ghana Post New Managing Director". Business Ghana. March 16, 2017.
|This postal system-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|