Gideon Kimbrell is an entrepreneur and software engineer, best known as the Co-Founder/Co-Chairman of the company, InList. He co-founded InList in 2013 after agreeing to a creative partnership with Fueled's founder Rameet Chawla and validating the initial concept with prominent nightlife executive Michael Capponi.
Early life and education
Kimbrell was born in Montana in the United States. Due to accelerated home education, Kimbrell excelled through the education system and began to attend University at the age of 15. At the age of 16, Kimbrell launched and programmed his first website. The controversial website was used to rate photos of students attending Southern Adventist University.
In 2013, Kimbrell began researching the idea of launching an app for a concierge service for making event reservations instantly. The idea was based on a mobile app and Kimbrell estimated that it would cost more than $200,000 to develop. After considering a number of options, Kimbrell and Fueled decided to launch the idea as a creative partnership. He used this alternative financing method prior to venture capital and other funding options.
Kimbrell is primarily a specialist software developer and has been regularly featured in the media discussing topics regarding development. When launching various mobile app projects, Kimbrell has spoken about outsourcing and how to avoid its common pitfalls. When launching InList, Kimbrell spoke to Michael Capponi about the projects' potential. After discussions, it was decided that Capponi would be involved in the project. Kimbrell discussed that this partnership with Capponi greatly assisted a number of negotiations, including the purchase of InList.com.
As the Co-Founder/Co-Chairman and lead technologist of InList, Kimbrell was featured in Forbes in January 2014. He discussed various management styles and how business leaders and managers can learn from the techniques used by software engineers. He has also written for both Mashable and Inc Magazine.
In November 2014, Kimbrell and Michael Capponi successfully raised $3M for InList from Star Capital. Subsequently, InList's launch party at the newly renovated Shelborne Wyndham Grand South Beach drew notables such as Alesso, Jamie Foxx and Omar Benson Miller.
- "The Future of Bottle Service". Maxim.
- "Katie Holmes Turns Heads in a Little Black Dress". abcnews.go.com/. 2014-09-17.
- "Four Project Management Lessons You Can Learn From Software Engineers". Forbes. January 31, 2014.
- "Official website". Gideon Kimbrell.
- "Weekend Read: How an Unlikely Investor Gave Me a First-Mover Advantage". Wall Street Journal.
- "5 Top Mistakes Rookies Make When Outsourcing App Development". American Express. February 27, 2014.
- La Ferla, Ruth (January 16, 2015). "A Night Out With One of Miami's Night Life Boosters". NY Times.
- "The Art of Negotiation: 5 Lessons I Acquired Along With My Domain Name". EO Network. May 15, 2014.
- "Software Guru Gideon Kimbrell Retains 'Nightlife King' Michael Capponi as Consultant". Pr Newswire. October 9, 2013.
- "8 Tips for Success on Facebook's New Video Advertising Platform". Mashable. April 7, 2014.
- Donner, Lindsey (January 28, 2015). "Best Advice I Ever Got: Question Everything". Inc Magazine.
- "InList, an app for A-list clubs, attracts $3 million in funding". Miami Herald. November 3, 2014.
- "InList Miami Launch at Shelborne Wyndham Grand". World Red Eye. November 8, 2014.
- "YEC Member Spotlight: Gideon Kimbrell, Founder, InList". Business Insider. January 28, 2014.