Girl Geek Dinners
Girl Geek Dinners is an informal organisation that promotes women in the Information technology industry, with 64 established chapters in 23 countries. The organization was founded in London, United Kingdom by Sarah Lamb (née Blow), who realized how under-represented women are at information technology events after attending a Geek Dinner in 2005.
Chapters organise local events featuring both female and male speakers with mostly female attendees. As the name suggests, it's like a Geek Dinner but with one significant rule: men can only attend as invited guests of women, ensuring that women will never be outnumbered by men at events.
A typical event is an informal dinner, followed by one or more presentations by featured speakers.
- Girl Geeks Scotland (GGS)
- Bay Area Girl Geek Dinners (BAGGD)
- Girl Geek Dinners Sydney
- Reading Girl Geek Dinners (RGGD)
- Girl Geekdinners Berlin (ggdb)
- Manchester Girl Geeks (mgg)
- Girl Geek Dinners Milano (GGD MI)
- Girl Geek Dinners Nordest (GGDNE - Italy)
- Bristol Girl Geek Dinners
- Girl geek dinners Bergen (norway)
- Girl Geek Dinners Kristiansand (Norway)
- *Girl Geek Dinners (Boulder/Denver)
- Boston Girl Geek Dinners (BOSGGD)
- Zurich Girl Geek Dinners #ZhGGD
- Girl Geek Dinners Waterloo Region #GGDWR
- Amsterdam Girl Geek Dinner #GGD_nl
- Austin Girl Geek Dinners
|This organization-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|