|Released||25 November 2004|
|Koda Kumi chronology|
Girls: Selfish (stylized as girls ~Selfish~) is the second music video DVD from Japanese artist Koda Kumi and first DVD single. It was released on November 25, 2004 and was the prelude to her fourth studio album secret.
The three music videos on the DVD share the similar theme of the long process of meeting, falling in love, and then breaking up. Koda Kumi chose to focus on the jealous-side and possessiveness women experience over love, which is most apparent in the video for "Selfish." Despite the similar theme, the videos are not intertwined and each stand alone.
The song "24" (track #3) was the first time Koda Kumi released a song with an entire chorus in English, which was written and composed by Hitoshi Shimono. She would later work with Hitoshi again for her 2006 song "feel."
The video for "Selfish" carries a theme of a group of female vampires, who use their sex appeal to lure men into their home. They then seduce them and turn them into subordinates.
"Shake It" (stylized as SHAKE IT) has a seductive theme, in which Kumi finds a man sneaking around her tent and uses her power of seduction to get him to leave. After she and her mates finish and believe they've won, the man is shown making a phone call, to whom is unknown.
"24" is a soft and sensual video with a smooth R&B theme, focusing on Koda Kumi in her downtime.
(Official Track List)
|1.||"Selfish"||Miki Watanabe||Miki Watanabe|
|2.||"Shake It"||Koda Kumi||Daisuke "D.I" Imai|
- "girls ~Selfish~ / KODA KUMI / ORICON STYLE". Oricon. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi* - Secret (CD, Album)". Discogs. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi - 24 (lyrics)". JPopAsia. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi [MSN] - Love Romance (Part 2)". DailyMotion. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- "Discography". 2004-11-25. Archived from the original on June 23, 2011. Retrieved February 18, 2016.