Goin' Out of My Head
|"Goin' Out of My Head"|
|Song by Little Anthony & the Imperials|
"Goin' Out of My Head" is a song written by Teddy Randazzo and Bobby Weinstein, initially recorded by Little Anthony & the Imperials in 1964. Randazzo, a childhood friend of the group, wrote the song especially for them, having also supplied the group with their previous Top 20 Hit "I'm on the Outside (Looking In)". Their original version of the song was a Billboard Top 10 Pop hit, reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #1 in the Canadian RPM-list in 1965. The song peaked at #8 on Cashbox magazine's R&B chart (Billboard was in a chart recess for R&B listings at that time). The Little Anthony & the Imperials original recording is a commonly-known version of the song although it's since been covered by many other artists.
Credits: The Imperials
- "Little Anthony" Gourdine – Lead Vocals
- Sammy Strain – First Tenor
- Ernest Wright – Second Tenor
- Clarence "Wah-Hoo" Collins – Baritone/Bass, Group Founder
- Orchestra directed by Don Costa
- "Goin' out of My Head" song article from AllMusic"
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 372.
- Wes Montgomery album Goin' Out of My Head from AllMusic.
- Sergio Mendes discography.