Gokhale is an Indian surname typically found in the western state of Maharashtra among Chitpavan Konkanastha Brahmins, the warrior cum priest clan. Majority of Gokhales live in and around Konkan region of Maharashtra while the rest are scattered in the neighbouring states of Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Considerable number of them are found abroad as well.
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale, a leader in the Indian independence struggle
- Vikram Gokhale, an actor
- Mohan Gokhale, an actor
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, an institute
- Ramesh Gokhale, Indian bridge player
- Shanta Gokhale, writer, translator, journalist, theater critic
- Esther Gokhale, biochemist who developed the Gokhale Method, a postural awareness technique
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gokhale.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.