Gold Cross (Philippines)
Medal and Ribbon of the AFP Gold Cross.
|Awarded by Philippines|
|Eligibility||members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines|
|Awarded for||gallantry in action not warranting the award of the Distinguished Conduct Star|
|Next (higher)||Distinguished Service Star|
|Next (lower)||Philippine Legion of Honor|
Ribbon Bar of the AFP Gold Cross Medal.
The Gold Cross is a decoration of the Armed Forces of the Philippines which recognizes gallantry in action. It is the fourth highest military award of the Philippines. It is awarded by the Chief of Staff Armed Forces of the Philippines, or other senior commanders, to members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines for gallantry in action not warranting the award of the Distinguished Conduct Star.
Description of the award
The award is a golden Maltese cross with a grooved border in between the arms of the cross. In the center of the cross, in the gold relief, is a left facing profile of Manuel L. Quezon on a dark blue disc. The disc is encircled by a wreath of laurel leaves in gold, superimposed on the cross. The metal loop is in gold fixed at the top arm of the cross. The cross is suspended from a ribbon of light blue with three thin vertical white lines in the center of the ribbon.
- The AFP Adjutant General, AFP Awards and Decorations Handbook, 1997, OTAG, p. 17.
- "Decorations". Armed Forces of the Philippines. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Awards and Decorations". Philippine Air Force. Archived from the original on 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Gold Cross". Armed Forces of the Philippines. Retrieved 2011-05-17.[permanent dead link]
- The AFP Adjutant General, AFP Awards and Decorations Handbook, 1995, 1997, OTAG.
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|