|Studio album by The Three Sounds|
|Recorded||May 20, 1959
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack
|The Three Sounds chronology|
Good Deal is the third album by jazz group The Three Sounds featuring performances recorded in 1959 and released on the Blue Note label. Like the majority of the band's albums, it has been released on CD only in Japan, as a limited edition.
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awarded the album 3 stars stating "Good Deal is a typically fine record from the Three Sounds, who were beginning to hit their stride when this session was recorded in May 1959. Like most of their records, it's laidback — even when the group works a swinging tempo, there's a sense of ease that keeps the mood friendly, relaxed and mellow".
- All compositions by Gene Harris except as indicated
- "Robbins Nest" - 6:15 (Illinois Jacquet, Charles Thompson)
- "Don't Blame Me" (Fields, McHugh) - 5:16
- "St. Thomas" (Sonny Rollins) - 4:23
- "Down the Track" - 5:27
- "Tracy's Blues" - 3:38
- "That's All" (Alan Brandt, Haymes) - 6:00
- "Satin Doll" (Ellington, Mercer, Strayhorn) - 5:55
- "Soft Winds" (Henderson, Frank Royal) - 4:58