Goose Egg, Wyoming
|Elevation||4,026 ft (1,227 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MST)|
|GNIS feature ID||1597334|
Goose Egg is an unincorporated community located in Natrona County, Wyoming, United States. It is 5,344 feet above sea level. It appears to have been named for a natural feature, namely, a nest of goose eggs laid by a Canada goose.
Goose Egg lies within Natrona County School District Number 1. It once had a post office, which has closed as of 2016. The United States Geological Survey had a water station at Coal Creek near Goose Egg, from the 1960s through the 1980s.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Goose Egg, Wyoming
- Thompson, George E. (2009). You Live Where?. iUniverse. ISBN 9781440134210. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- Bonander, Rick. "A close call on the C.Y. cattle trail". Road Trip (blog). Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- United States Geological Survey Water-supply Paper. United States Geological Survey. 2001. p. 576. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
- Catalog of Copyright entries. United States Copyright Office. 1943. p. 959. Retrieved October 28, 2016.
|This article about a location in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|