Gopal Krishna Nayak
This biographical article is written like a résumé. (November 2016)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. Gopal Krishna Nayak
|Alma mater||IIT Kharagpur, IIM Bangalore|
|Occupation||Director IIIT Bhubaneswar|
|Spouse(s)||Sanjukta Nayak (married 1988)|
|Awards||Long Service medals (25 years of service), XIMB|
He is currently the director of IIIT Bhubaneswar. Prof. Nayak is an electrical engineer from IIT Kharagpur with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from IIM Bangalore. He has done his PhD from IIT Kharagpur under the guidance of Professor Damodar Acharya, who was the vice-chancellor of BPUT, chairman of AICTE and the director of IIT Kharagpur.
He has worked in companies such as Nelco, Mumbal and NTPC Delhi in fields of power electronics design and supply chain management respectively. He joined XIMB soon after finishing MBA from IIM Bangalore. He taught subjects in information systems, operations management and quantitative analysis. He was responsible for giving a technology focus to the curriculum at XIMB. He held positions of dean (academics), admissions coordinator, computing services coordinator etc.
When the IIIT in Bhubaneswar started in 2007, He was invited to be the first director of the institute. Under his stewardship, this institute has been growing rapidly in terms of Infrastructure, Programmes being offered and Research.
He is an advisor to the Government of Odisha on all e-Governance projects. He is advisor to the Treasury, Commercial Taxes, IDCO, BDA and many other Odisha government initiatives.
- ERP and enterprise systems
- Group decision support systems
- Knowledge management
His hobby is part-time programming. Various products have emerged from this hobby.
- Hibiscus – Academic Information System. This system is in use in XIMB for more than 15 years. Important institutions such as XLRI, IIM Ranchi, Ravenshaw University, GIM Goa, ILS Bhubaneswar have adopted this software for managing and knowledge sharing in their Institutes.
- PAMIS – Project-based Accounting system. This software has been adopted by the Panchyati Raj Department of Government of Odisha and is used to manage accounts of three tier panchayat system : 30 DRDAs, 314 Blocks, and above 6000 Panchyats.
- EOL – Examination On-Line. In any educational institutions, apart from teaching, performance assessment and evaluation is one of the major challenges. Learning is enhanced through timely and frequent feedback. Most teachers would find the Performance Evaluation tedious and monotonous. EOL is a solution for the performance evaluation woes of the teachers and students. This web-based tool gives complete control to the teacher to build his question bank, design quizzes and examinations and administer the quiz over the Internet and publish results.
- Director, IIIT Bhubaneswar
- Vice-President, BMMA
- Technology Adviser (XIMB)
- Director, IDCOL software Limited
- Director, OCAC
- Adviser, Panchyati Raj Department, Govt of Orissa
- Director, KIIT 2005–2006
- Dean, academic, XIMB 1999–2002
- Coordinator, Admissions, XIMB 1995–1999
- Coordinator, Information Systems Area, XIMB 1994–2002
- General Chair ICIT 2008
- "Faculty Areawise listing XIMB". ximb.ac.in. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Governing Body IIIT Bhubaneswar". iiit-bh.ac.in. Archived from the original on 18 July 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "IIIT-Bhubaneswar proposed to be a university". thehindu.com. 3 February 2012. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Prof. Gopal Nayak's biography". orissalinks.com. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "IIIT-Bhubaneswar received green signal to start MTech". orissadiary.com. 4 August 2007. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "IIIT-B campus to be operational by August". business-standard.com. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF ODISHA LTD". idcorissa.com. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Open Source Academic Information System". ximb.ac.in. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Inhouse Developed Software Products and Solutions". ximb.ac.in. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Panchyati Raj Department" (PDF). odishapanchayat.gov.in. Retrieved 30 March 2014.[permanent dead link]
- "Accounting System in Orissa Panchayats". i4d. 1 June 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Rising star, Bhubaneswar". telegraphindia.com. 21 May 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2014.