Gora Aur Kala
|Gora Aur Kala|
|Directed by||Naresh Kumar|
|Produced by||Rajkumar Kohli|
|Distributed by||Nishi Productions|
|22 December 1972|
Gora Aur Kala (transl. The fair and the dark) is a 1972 Indian Hindi-language film, produced by Rajkumar Kohli and directed by Naresh Kumar. The film stars Rajendra Kumar in a double role, Hema Malini, Rekha, Premnath, Prem Chopra, Madan Puri and Jagdeep. The film's music is by Laxmikant–Pyarelal. The movie is a remake of the 1971 Tamil movie Neerum Neruppum, which was based on the 1844 French novella The Corsican Brothers, by Alexandre Dumas. The film became a hit at box office.
Conjoined twin brothers are born in a royal family, but are separated at birth. Though they are twins, one has a blood disorder so his skin discolors and his left arm is paralyzed. Years later they discover each other and unite to free their kingdom from the traitors.
- Rajendra Kumar as Karan Singh / Kali Singh (Kalua)
- Hema Malini as Rajkumari Anuradha Singh
- Rekha as Phoolwati
- Prem Nath as Prithvi Singh
- Prem Chopra as Shamsher Singh
- Madan Puri as Raja Zohravar Singh (Anuradha's Father)
- Jagdeep as Munna Singh / Chunni Singh
- Sulochana Latkar as Maharani
- Kamal Kapoor as Dilawar Singh
- Sunder as Kotwal Sarju Singh
- Ram Mohan as Hariya
- Rajan Haksar as Randhir Singh
- Dev Kumar as Maharaja
- Kamaldeep as Villager
Lyrics by Anand Bakshi.
|1||"Ek To Mera Mastana Shabaab"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||"Parda Rukh-E-Roshan Se Hata Do"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|3||"Dheere Dheere Bol, Koi Sun Na Le"||Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh|
|4||"Dhoom Mach Gayi Dhoom"||Mohammed Rafi, Usha Mangeshkar|
|5||"Tere Nain Nashe De Pyaale"||Mohammed Rafi|
|6||"Ek Na Ek Din Yeh Kahani Banegi"||Mohammed Rafi|
- Marja Evelyn Mogk (2013). Different Bodies: Essays on Disability in Film and Television. McFarland. pp. 123–124. ISBN 978-0-7864-6535-4.
- "Gora Aur Kala Movie Story". memsaabstory. 2 July 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2017.