|Born||Gordon Alan Gebert
October 17, 1941
Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
|Occupation||Child actor, higher education professor|
|Spouse(s)||Lizabeth Paravisini-Gebert (3 children)|
Gordon Alan Gebert (born October 17, 1941) is a former child actor predominantly known for smaller roles in films such as Holiday Affair. In adulthood, he trained as an architect and has taught at The City College of New York.
Gebert was born in Des Moines, Iowa in 1941 to Gordon and Violette Gebert. His father was a salesman for a trailor company, and sold truck and bus fleets for Ford Motor Co in Iowa. In 1948, Gebert, age 7 years, moved with his family to Van Nuys, California. In the 1949 Gebert was cast in the movie Holiday Affair. Thereafter, Gebert performed in minor roles in 15 episodes of various television series, such as The Donna Reed Show (1 episode, 1959), and Bachelor Father (1 episode, 1960), and he acted in nine full-length feature films, and two shorts, released between 1950 and 1970, always in the part of the son. Gebert's final performance was in a Christian youth scare film.
In young adulthood, Gebert enrolled at UCLA, transferred to University of Southern California, and eventually earned a bachelor's degree in architecture, at age 25-years, from MIT's Department of Architecture in 1966, and a master degree from Princeton University in 1968. Since 1971, Gebert has taught at New York's City College, where he is currently architecture department interim dean. Gebert obtained a license to practice architecture in New York State in 1973, and opened a design studio in 1997. Although his license is presently not registered.
Gebert married his second wife Lizabeth Paravisini-Gebert, professor of Hispanic Studies at Vassar College in 1986. They live in Poughkeepsie, New York, and have a grown son, Gordon Jr. (b. 1992), a graduate of Oakwood Friends School in Hudson Valley, and employee at JetBlue New York. Gebert has two adult daughters, Carrie Gebert and Darcy Gebert, from his first marriage in 1973 to Phyllis A. DeReamer of Greenfield, Massachusetts.
- Gebert, G. A. (1966). Thesis: A continuing education conference center for Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Gebert, G. A., (1985) Urban and Regional Information Systems Association. Academy of Local Government Information Sciences., & Local Government Computer Services Board of Ireland. Local government and information technology: Papers and reports from the International workshop held at Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland, 24–27 April 1984. Oxford: Pergamon Press.
- Gebert, G. A. (1985). Application development approaches in a MUMPS environment. Journal of Medical Systems, 9, 3, 155-162.
- Gebert, G.A., (1986) Editorial: Software survey section. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 11, 3.
|1949||Holiday Affair ... Timmy|
|1950||The Flame and the Arrow ... Rudi Bartoli|
|Saddle Tramp ... Johnnie|
|1951||Chicago Calling ... Bobby|
|The House on Telegraph Hill ... Christopher|
|Night Into Morning ... Russ Kirby|
|Flying Leathernecks ... Tommy Kirby|
|1952||The Narrow Margin ... Tommy Sinclair|
|1955||To Hell and Back ... Audie as a boy|
|1971||Summer Love ... Tad Powers|
- "City College of New York (CUNY)". Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Brophy Champion, Allison (December 17, 2014). "Timmy from "Holiday Affair" coming to Culpeper". Culperer Star Exponent.
- "Episode 30. The Hero - (4/15/1959)". donnareed.org. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- Goldrup, Tom; Goldrup, Jim (2012). "Encyclopedia of feature players of hollywood, volume 2". Cork: Baby Book.
- Lantz, et. al., Donald R, (1996). "Christian youth scare films. / Vol. 1". Seattle, Washington: Something Weird Video. OCLC 35446277.
- Gebert, Gordon Alan (1966). "Thesis: A continuing education conference center for Massachusetts Institute of Technology" (Thesis/dissertation, Manuscript). Dissertation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology. OCLC 24917374.
- Chen, David W. (May 28, 2016). "Dreams Stall as CUNY, New York City’s Engine of Mobility, Sputters". The New York Times.
- Gebert, Gordon Alan. "License Information". nysed.gov. New York State Office of the Professions.
- "Hispanic Studies". Vassar College. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Chandna, Aditi (November 18, 2015). "Martinez explores changing Caribbean cultural identity". The Miscellany News: Vassar College's Student Newspaper of Record Since 1866.
- "Oak Leaves: Newsletter from Oakwod Friends School" (PDF). Oakwood Friends School. p. 14. Retrieved June 2015.
- "Weddings: Carrie Gebert and Matthew Kaplan". The New York Times. October 30, 2005.
- Gebert, Gordon A.; Urban and Regional Information Systems Association.; Academy of Local Government Information Sciences; Local Government Computer Services Board of Ireland (1985). "Local government and information technology : papers and reports from the International workshop held at Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland, 24-27 April 1984". Computers, environment and urban systems : an international journal (Pergamon Press) 10 (1): 56. OCLC 225015233.
- Gordon A Gebert Affiliation: From Data Methods Incorporated, One Blue Hill Plaza, Pearl River, New York, 10965 (June 1, 1985). "Application development approaches in a MUMPS environment". Journal of Medical Systems 9 (3): 155–162.
- Gebert, Gordon Alan (1986). "Editorial: Software survey section". Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 11 (3). ISSN 0198-9715. 4929036328.