(Redirected from Gormlaith)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gormfhlaith is noted in early Irish texts as the name of several queens closely connected with dynastic politics in 10th- and 11th-century Ireland, and was one of the most popular Gaelic-Irish female forenames between the 8th and 16th century.
Bearers of the name
- Gormflaith ingen Fhlaithnath, Abbess of Cluana Bronaigh, died 810.
- Gormlaith Rapach, Queen of Ailech, died 840.
- Gormflaith ingen Donncadha, Queen of Ailech, died 861.
- Gormlaith ingen Flann mac Conaing, Queen of Tara, fl. 870.
- Gormflaith ingen Flann Sinna, Queen of Tara, died 948.
- Gormflaith ingen Murchada, Queen of Ireland, died 1030.
- Gormflaith ingen Floind maic Mail Sechnaill, Princess of Mide, died 1046.
- Gormflaith ingen Cathail, died 1063.
- Gormflaith Ní Fócartai, died 1076.
- Gormflaith Ní Chonchobuir Ciarraige, Princess of Kerry, died 1110.
- Gormflaith ingen Murchadha maic Máil na m-Bó, Princess of Leinster, died 1112.
- Gormflaith ingen Buadachain, died 1127/1134.
- Gormflaith Ní Branan, died 1314.
- Gormflaith Ní Diarmata, Princess of Moylurg, died 1324.
- Gormflaith Ní Domnaill, died 1350.
- Gormflaith Níc Uidir, Princess of Fermanagh, died 1352.
- Gormflaith Bean Uí Dhomhnaill, Queen of Tír Chonaill, died 1416.
- Gormflaith Bean Uí Ruairc, Queen of Breifne, died 1425.
- Gormflaith Ní Seghannain, died 1432.
- Gormflaith Ní Duibhgeannáin, died 1437.
- Gormlaith Chaomhanach, Princess of Leinster, died 1465.
- Gormflaith Bean Uí Suibhne, died 1468.
- Gormflaith Ní Domnaill, Princess of Tír Chonaill, died 1524.
- Gormflaith Ní Ruairc, Princess of Breifne, died 1585.