Goshen Town Office
Location in Utah County and the state of Utah
|Named for||Goshen, Connecticut|
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Land||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,551 ft (1,387 m)|
|• Density||1,300/sq mi (490/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Area code(s)||385, 801|
|GNIS feature ID||1428272|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.9 km²), all of it land.
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Goshen has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps.
|Source: U.S. Census Bureau|
As of the census of 2000, there were 874 people, 272 households, and 214 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,213.6 people per square mile (468.7/km²). There were 295 housing units at an average density of 409.6 per square mile (158.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 92.22% White, 0.57% Native American, 5.49% from other races, and 1.72% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.35% of the population.
There were 272 households out of which 48.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.2% were married couples living together, 5.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.0% were non-families. 19.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.21 and the average family size was 3.73.
In the town, the population was spread out with 38.7% under the age of 18, 10.1% from 18 to 24, 26.5% from 25 to 44, 16.8% from 45 to 64, and 7.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females there were 97.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $41,458, and the median income for a family was $45,855. Males had a median income of $31,750 versus $21,771 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,053. About 7.5% of families and 13.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.2% of those under age 18 and 6.6% of those age 65 or over.
- Kent Peterson, baseball player
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Goshen town, Utah". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 9, 2012.
- Climate Summary for Goshen, Utah
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
Eagle Mountain / Utah Lake