Grace Episcopal Church (Buena Vista, Colorado)
Grace Episcopal Church
|Location||Main and Park Ave., Buena Vista, Colorado|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||unknown; builder: Lannan Brothers|
|Architectural style||Carpenter Gothic|
|NRHP Reference #|||
|Added to NRHP||January 20, 1978|
Grace Episcopal Church, also known as Grace Church, is an historic Carpenter Gothic style Episcopal church building located at 203 West Main Street in Buena Vista, Chaffee County, Colorado. Built in 1889 by the Lannan Brothers, its Carpenter Gothic details include board and batten siding, lancet windows and door openings and buttresses. On January 20, 1978, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. On February 7, 2007, the church received of the Colorado Historic Society's 21st Annual Stephen H. Hart Awards for its restoration of the interior and exterior of the building.
In 2002, Grace Episcopal Church and the local United Methodist congregation formed a federated congregation with the approval of their respective denominational authorities. The United Methodist Congregation now styles itself Grace United Methodist Faith Community. Each one retains its separate corporate organization while worshiping together. Services on the first and third Sundays are led by a United Methodist minister while services are the second and third Sundays are led by an Episcopal priest.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- History Colorado listings on US and State registers for Chaffee County
- Google books, Noel, Thomas J., Guide to Colorado Historic Places, p. 49
- Google docs: Colorado Historic Society's 2007 Awards
- Grace Church website
- Episcopal Diocese of Colorado listing
- Churches of the Rocky Mountain Conference, The United Methodist Church