||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
GreenPlumbers is an international training and accreditation program designed to help plumbers and tradesman understand their role in the environment and public health. The organization’s goal is to train plumbers to promote the benefits of water conservation and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. The focus is on changing consumer and plumbing behavior through the use of energy efficiency and water-saving technologies.
GreenPlumbers is a global brand formed by the Master Plumbers & Mechanical Services Association (MPMSAA) in Australia in 2001, as a result of the severe drought that continues in that country today. The GreenPlumbers' curriculum was developed in conjunction with RMIT University (Melbourne) and the Australian Greenhouse Gas Office. The GreenPlumbers brand is owned by Green Invest Ltd (A publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange - ASX Code: GNV), with training provided by MPMSAA. Green Plumbers Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Green Invest Ltd is the contractual arm of Green Invest in North America. MPMSAA have contracted United Association to provide training to Union Affiliated plumbers in North America and IAPMO for non union training in the United States, Canada, Mexico, India, and China.
In cooperation with the MPMSAA and RMIT University, Melbourne, the GreenPlumbers series of workshops were designed to teach plumbers skills and knowledge about the environmental considerations of their work.
GreenPlumbers training consists of a five-course, 32-hour, accreditation in environmental and technical issues including Climate Care, Caring For Our Water, Solar Hot Water, Water Efficient Technology, and Inspection Report Services.
GreenPlumbers training programs are designed to assist plumbers in understanding their role in relation to environmental & public health, and to consult consumers on:
- energy/water/cost savings (short-term and long-term cost comparisons and environmental benefits)
- latest technology and energy saving appliances
- practical appliances & installation knowledge
- environmental impacts of plumbing services, appliances and household practices
- consumer information
Upon successful completion of the full core coursework, each student is equipped with 5 accreditations in GreenPlumbing – one for each topic of the 32-hour curriculum. Following Oct 31, 2009, all GreenPlumber Accreditations will be ANSI/ISO 2000 certified and a third-party proctored exam will have to be passed to gain accreditation status. While accreditations are designed for a licensed plumber, the lay student (i.e. not a licensed plumber) would receive the Certificate of Completion of the course. A Licensed GreenPlumber differs from an Accredited GreenPlumber in that a Licensed GreenPlumber is a company whose management has committed to requiring all licensed plumbers working for the company to become fully accredited.
GreenPlumbers provides training through five primary workshops.
- Climate Care is a workshop that provides instruction on how to take care of our climate including gas emissions in home and business using topics that cover hot water heating, energy consumption, heating appliances, and cooling appliances.
- Caring for Our Water is an introduction to the water cycle process and the new technologies and behaviors that contribute to conservation through topics like water efficient products, reducing household water consumption, storm water runoff pollution and prevention, and household water audits.
- Solar Hot Water provides information on new technology in the solar hot water industry, rebate information, and retrofit sizing and installation.
- Water Efficient Technology is an overview of the dynamic technologies that shape future conservation efforts through the use of Recycled Water, rain water, Graywater, Septic Tanks/Wastewater Treatment Systems, and Environmental/Public Health/Safety Regulations.
- Inspection Report Services is an overview of domestic and commercial water auditing, inspections and reporting, assessment and strategies—including water and energy audits, commercial/industrial and residential buildings, and creating a master plan for future improvements.
GreenPlumbersTraining.org provides plumbers with the option of earning GreenPlumber certifications through the use of online courses.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Alliance for Water Efficiency Page About GreenPlumbers
- United Association and GreenPlumbers Join Forces for Green
- IAPMO and GreenPlumbers USA Collaborate for Advancement of Training and Certification Programs
- EPA Honors GreenPlumbers with Environmental Award
- News 10 Story: Saving Water and Money with Green Plumbing
- Atlanta Story: Recruiting An Army Of Green Plumbers
- Portland Water Bureau: Water Bureau Encourages Plumbers to Promote Green
- CTN Ecologic: Paint it Green and Watch it Turn Blue!
- Treehugger.com article: Joe Could Be A Green Plumber
- Walletpop.com article: Keeping your money green: Plumbers are the future?
- News 13 Interview: Green Plumbers Show You How To Go Green At Home
- California Green Solutions: Green plumbing includes water conservation
- Green Living Ideas: The Hunt for a Greener Plumber
- GreenPlumbers USA
- GreenPlumbers Australia
- GreenPlumbers India
- Master Plumbers & Mechanical Services Association of Australia
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Green Invest
- Onni Inc.