Gretchen Menn performing with Zepparella in Menlo Park, California on July 15, 2017
|Birth name||Gretchen Menn|
|Genres||Rock, Progressive, Instrumental|
|Instruments||Electric and Acoustic Guitar|
Gretchen Menn is an American guitarist and composer who has her own original instrumental work and is also the lead guitarist for Zepparella, an all-female Led Zeppelin tribute band. She was included in Guitar Player Magazine's '50 Sensational Female Guitarists' and Guitar Player Magazine's '50 Years of Extraordinary Players.' In 2017 she was one of 11 female guitarists selected to contribute a track onto She Rocks, Vol. 1, a compilation released on Steve Vai’s label: 'Favored Nations'. In 2017 she was nominated by readers of Vintage Guitar Magazine as 'Artist of the Year', alongside Alan Holdsworth, Steve Vai, Dan Auerbach, Rik Emmett, and Andy Timmons. She has provided lessons for Acoustic Guitar Magazine, JamPlay - an online guitar lesson provider, and has been a 3-time counselor at Rock and Roll Fantasy Camps.
Biography and early playing
- Abandon All Hope (2016)
- Hale Souls (2011)
- Live at Sweetwater (2016)
- Zepparella (2014)
- A Pleasing Pounding (2008)
- Live at 19 Broadway (2005)
- Lapdance Armageddon (2010)
- Conversation with Francis Bakin (2009)
Sticks and Stones
- Unbreakable Strings (2007)
The House of More
- The House of More (2006)
- "50 Sensational Female Guitarists".
- "50 Years of Extraordinary Players".
- "'She Rocks, Vol. 1: A Collection of Kick-Ass Guitar Goddesses' Triumphs".
- "2017 Readers' Choice Awards". Vintage Guitar. 11 December 2017.
- "Gretchen Menn: Electric Guitar Techniques for Creativity". JamPlay.com.
- "Jam With Joe Perry and Jason Bonham - Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp - Music Events Ft. Lauderdale, FL". Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.
- "Gretchen Menn: The Complete 2010 Interview - Jas Obrecht Music Archive". jasobrecht.com.
- "Zepparella - Gretchen Menn Bio". www.zepparella.com.
- "Gretchen Menn Releases Concept Album Based on Dante's Inferno".
- "Zepparella's Gretchen Menn Discusses Her 'Inferno'-Inspired Album, 'Abandon All Hope'".