A promotional logo image for Grihasti.
|Created by||Sphere Origins|
|Written by||Purnendu Shekhar|
|Directed by||Mohit Hussain & Ravi Raj|
|Creative director(s)||Nimisha Pandey|
|Opening theme||"Grihasti" by Pamela Jain & Khushbu Jain|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||285|
|Producer(s)||Sanjoy Wadhwa & Comall Wadhwa|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sphere Origins|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||25 February 2008 –|
27 March 2009
Grihasti is based upon the Khurana family. After the death of the family's patriarch, Balraaj, the women realize that they must come together to succeed in their male-dominated society. As a result of this and of destiny, the women become more independent. This change in their life shows the importance of many female roles in society: wife, daughter, grandmother, and sister. It is shown that Rishi (Simar's husband) is having an affair with his secretary Priya. Simar is getting a little doubtful.
The Balraaj family house is taken by the fraudulent Lucky Kapoor and his wife and mother. The Balraaj family are trying to get it back by playing Lucky's trick on him. They disguise themselves as potential buyers of their house and, in the end, they get it back on Holi. But on Holi Manas and Ronak get Rishi high on cannabis and he goes and hugs Priya. Then he tells Simar that he is having an affair. The whole family breaks down especially Simar. Simar finds out that she is pregnant; Priya tells Rishi. Lucky Kapoor comes out of jail and is determined to kill Ronak so he goes to the Balraj house. He gets into a fight with him. Soni interferes and ends up falling down the stairs. She loses a lot of blood so Priya donates her blood to her. She makes Rishi realise that he still loves Simar. So they get back together again.
Eight months later, Simar goes into labour and has a baby boy.
Two years later, Rano and Soni are pregnant and Simar's child is two. There is a problem at work so the daughters go solve it. Soni first goes into labour, then so does Rano. It is too late to go to the hospital so they have their children at home: two girls. Everyone is happy with their husbands, children and family. They name Rano's baby Rani and Soni's baby Khushi.
- Kiran Kumar ... Balraaj Khurana (father of Simar and Soni) (dead)
- Vaidehi Amrute ... Amrit Khurana (mother of Simar and Soni) (widow)
- Khushbu ... Simar Khurana (elder daughter of Balraaj and Amrit Khurana, married to Rishi)
- Hunar Hali ... Soni Khurana (younger daughter of Balraaj and Amrit Khurana, married to Ronak)
- Aarti Singh ... Rano (daughter of Nacho, married to Manas)
- Sunila Karambekar ... Nacho (widowed sister of Balraaj)
- Akshat Gupta...Inspector Karan
- Anand Suryavanshi ... Rishi (Simar's husband)
- Shahbaz Khan ... Jaydev Khurana (elder brother of Balraaj Khurana)
- Shaleen Bhanot ... Manas Ahuja (Rano's husband)
- Gautam Sharma ...cameo role