Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
|Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|Creative director(s)||Vivek Bahl|
|Opening theme||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||3099|
|Executive producer(s)||Vivek Jain|
|Running time||21 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Director's Kut Productions|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||12 January 2009 –|
|Related shows||Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke|
|Director's Kut Production|
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (transl. What is this relationship called?) is an Indian television soap opera that airs on Star Plus and streams on Hotstar. It premiered on January 12, 2009 and is the fourth longest running Indian television soap opera. Produced by Rajan Shahi under Director's Kut Productions, it initially starred Hina Khan and Karan Mehra and currently stars Shivangi Joshi and Mohsin Khan.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Cast
- 3 Crossover
- 4 Spin-off
- 5 Production
- 6 Reception
- 7 Adaptations
- 8 Awards
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Akshara and Naitik, both from a large Marwari joint family based in Udaipur, get married through arranged marriage. After marriage, they struggle to know each other and gradually begin to understand, support and love each other. They soon give birth to a son, Naksh. Naitik falls into a coma due to an accident.
Parallel stories include Akshara's elder brother, Shaurya's love story with her best friend Varsha who get married and give birth to a daughter, Ananya. Naitik's sisters, Nandini gets married to Mohit Agarwal and adopts Yash and Rashmi gets married to Nikhil.
4 years later
Naitik recovers from coma and struggle to bond with his young, mischievous son Naksh. Nikhil divorces a pregnant Rashmi. Soon, the family has to face Gayatri's death after which, Rashmi gives birth to a daughter whom she names Gayatri after her mother and Rajshekar's remarriage to a divorcee Devyani who has two children-Naman and Muskaan.
Despite Naksh suffering from diabetes, he wins in a football match. Anshuman and Jasmeet as well as Naman and Karishma get married. Nandini gives birth to Anmol elsewhere Akshara and Naitik have a daughter Naira. Naksh who loves his sister-Naira so much that he also bunk his school for her. Soon, Muskaan and Alok marry while Mahendra Pratap dies and Kaveri blames Akshara for the same and banishes her. Naitik and Akshara along with their children move out.
10 years later
They relocate to Cape Town in South Africa and have been living there since. Naksh returns to Udaipur and convinces Kaveri to forgive an innocent Akshara, and thus the family return and reunite. Rashmi marries Sameer and her daughter Gayatri acceptes him.
Naksh falls in love with Tara. Due to her brother Sangram, Akshara falls into a pond and is saved by Naitik, but suffers temporary blindness and recovers soon. It is revealed that Kuhu is the daughter of Shaurya and Sneha, Naitik's employee, due to past extramarital affair. The family disowns Shaurya but later accepts him. Then, Ananya and Ranveer get married. Naksh breaks his wedding because of Tara's prenup. On the other hand, fearing of wrongly blamed for her friend Sukanya's death, even by Akshara and scared of imprisonment, Naira escapes Udaipur.
Some years later
Naira lives in an orphanage in Rishikesh and has grown up as headstrong but insecure and arrogant where she meets Kartik Goenka, a young and positive man. Akshara reaches there to fund the orphanage and finds Naira there. She brings her back on the pretext of saving her orphanage. Naira begins to accept her family except Akshara.
Gayatri who lives with Singhanias after her parents death, realises her love for Kartik who stays with Maheshwaris and work for Naitik and Kartik realises that he loves Naira. Yash and Rose get married as eventually, Naira accepts Akshara.
Akshara, Kartik, Naira and Gayatri save Naitik who was kidnapped and attempted to be killed by Naman. Later, Kartik confesses his love for Naira but she runs away. Soon, Naman's misdeed is revealed to the family except Mishti and everyone disowns him and hands him to police.
Naira is confused about her love but later realises her love for Kartik and confess it as Gayatri sacrifices her love for her. Akshara is killed in a sudden car crash caused by Kartik's cousin Mansi for which Kartik is blamed. The Singhanias and Maheshwaris disown Kartik but soon they realise that he is not at fault and bails him.
Few months later, Kartik and Naira get married in a grand ceremony. Kartik hates his father Manish and his step mother Suvarna as he remarried her after his mother's death and in fact believes he was responsible for the same. Everyone soon learns that Mansi is the cause of Akshara's death but with the heavy heart Naksh-Naira takes the case back and the families reconcile. Later, the family get Naksh and Keerti married after Aditya's misdeeds come into light. Initially marrying for Naira's sake, he gradually starts loving Keerti.
It is also revealed that Shubham is Suvarna and Manish's son. Naira fulfills her parents dream of opening a dance academy. Shubham dies due to overdose of drugs and Naira is blamed for hiding his drug addiction. Naira leaves as Kartik and Suvarna do not trust her. Thus, Kartik and Naira get separated.
2 years later
Naira along with Naitik lives in Mumbai. Coincidentally, Kartik becomes a professor for the same class which Naira signs up. Eventually, Anmol and Mansi get married as Kartik-Naira get divorced. But soon both as well as Suvarna realise their mistakes and reunite.
Naira soon undergoes a surgery for a brain clot and remarries Kartik. Keerti and Naira are later both revealed to be pregnant. They meet with an accident as keerti slips into coma. Both undergo delivery while Naira loses her baby and Kartik swaps the babies. As Keerti wakes up from coma, the family finds it out and confronts him. Naira ultimately loses her memory but finally regains her memory and they reunite.
Further, Samarth falls for a pregnant Gayatri and marries her after Vivaan's death. Naira now enters the business after Manish's heartattack. Kartik feels insecure of Naira's busy routine. Naira finds out she is pregnant. On his misunderstanding and questions about her relation with Mihir, Naira rebukes him and storms out of the house without informing him of her pregnancy and meets with an accident and is assumed dead by the family.
5 years later
Naira lives in Goa with their son Kairav, while Kartik has found solace in his nephew Vansh. Eventually, as Kartik marries Vedika, everyone learns that Naira is alive and Kairav is their son. Inspite of trying to get away from each other, Kartik and Naira come close which irks Vedika. Soon they realises their love and reunites after their custody battle for Kairav and Akshat's kidnapping trap for Kairav and Vedika prepares for divorce from Kartik.
Six months later
Naira and Kartik gets engaged and Vedika plots to separate Naira and Kartik and lastly she got exposed and leaves. Naira and Kartik gets remarried.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section should be brought into conformity with WP:TVCAST. Cast members should be organised per their introduction in the series, so someone introduced in 2009 would be at the top of each list, and someone introduced in 2016 would be at the bottom. Recurring cast members currently have no clear organisation, and even the cast members who played Naira Goenka are listed in the wrong chronological order. Cast information can be updated in the list of cast and below turned into prose (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Actors, along with their respective characters, shaded in light blue are members of the present cast.|
|Actors, along with their respective characters, shaded in light grey are cast members whose characters died in the course of the series.|
|Akshara Singhania||Hina Khan||2009–2016||Naitik's wife, Naksh and Naira's mother, Vishambharnath and Rajshri's daughter, Shaurya's younger sister. Introduced as a lively and fun-loving girl, Akshara's marriage with Naitik was arranged by her family members. However, over the years, she proved to be the worthy daughter-in-law of the Singhania family, Naitik's true soulmate and a loving mother to her children. Khan quit the show in November 2016 to pursue other projects and her character was shown to have died by falling off a cliff due to an accident.|
|Naitik Singhania||Karan Mehra / Vishal Singh||2009–2018||Akshara's husband, Naksh and Naira's father, Raj Shekhar and Gayatri's son, Devyani's step son, Nandini and Rashmi's elder brother and Naman and Muskaan's step elder brother. Introduced as the eligible son of the Singhania family and a successful businessman, Naitik had an arranged marriage with Akshara that grew to a mature relationship, with mutual love, respect and concern for each other. Post Akshara's death, he single-handedly took care of his children, and later on, the character's role in the series was reduced to a recurring one after Akshara's death.|
|Naira Goenka / Papa Ki Princess / Tina / Sherni||Shivangi Joshi / Ashnoor Kaur / Mishka Jain||2015–present||Kartik's wife, Kairav's mother, Akshara and Naitik's daughter, Naksh's younger sister and Mishti's step elder sister.|
|Kartik Goenka / Kittu / Mehendak / Siddharth / Jolly Singh||Mohsin Khan||2016–present||Naira's husband, Kairav's father, Manish and Soumya's son, Survana's step son, Keerti's brother, Shubam's step elder brother and Mishti's BFF.|
|Rajshri Maheshwari||Lata Sabharwal||2009–2019||Ratan's sister; Vishambharnath's wife; Shaurya and Akshara's mother.|
|Sunaina Maheshwari||Neelima Taddepalli||2009-17, 2018||Omkarnath's wife; Anshuman's mother; Nannu's grandmother.|
|Bhairavi Maheshwari||Vineeta Malik||2009–17, 2018||Vishambharnath and Omkarnath's mother.|
|Vishambharnath Maheshwari||Sanjeev Seth||2009–17, 2018||Bhairavi's elder son; Rajshri's husband; Shaurya and Akshara's father; Omkarnath's younger brother.|
|Omkarnath Maheshwari||Manu Malik||2009-16, 2018||Bhairavi's younger son; Vishambharnath's younger brother; Sunaina's husband; Anshuman's father.|
|Shaurya Maheshwari||Ather Habib||2009–13||Vishambharnath and Rajshri's son; Akshara's elder brother; Varsha's husband; Ananya and Kuhu's father.|
|Samir Sharma||2019 (in spin-off series)|
|Anshuman Maheshwari||Aman Sharma||2009-15||Teenage and Adult Anshuman Maheshwari.|
|Dheeraj Gumbar||2015-2016||Omkarnath and Sunaina's son: Jasmeet's husband; Nannu's father.|
|Varsha Maheshwari||Pooja Joshi Arora||2009–17, 2018–2019||Sulekha's daughter; Shaurya's wife; Akshara's friend turned sister-in-law; Ananya's mother, Kuhu's adoptive mother.|
|Gopi||Zarina Roshan Khan||2009–14||Bhairavi's friend and maid.|
|Shankari||Amardeep Jha||2009–16, 2018||Maheshwari's match maker.|
|Sneha||Charu Asopa||2010||Naitik's employee; Kuhu's biological mother.|
|Rishabh||Karan Sharma||2010||Sneha's lover.|
|Payal||Neha Sehgal||2011–15||Akshara's friend.|
|Girija||Nea Srivastav||2011-2016||Singhania's maid.|
|Samar||Alpesh Gehlot||2012||Akshara's admirer.|
|Antara||Akanksha Kapil||2012||Naitik's lover.|
|Ankit||Anurag Nigam||2013||Prerna's love interest.|
|Juhi||Sonal Shrivastava||2014||Naitik's employee.|
|Chitti Maharaj||Unknown||2014-17,2018||Singhania's chef.|
|Kaveri Singhania alias Bhabimaa||Medha Jambotakar||2009–present||Mahendra Pratap's wife, Raj Shekhar's sister-in-law, Nandini's mother, Naitik and Rashmi's elder aunt.|
|Mohit Agarwal||Ayush Agarwal||2009–16||Rukmini's son; Nandini's husband; Yash's adoptive father; Anmol's father.|
|Rukmini Agarwal||Urmila Sharma||2009–14||Mohit's mother.|
|Mahendra Pratap Singhania||Sanjai Gandhi||2009–12||Raj Shekhar's elder brother; Kaveri's husband; Nandini's father.|
|Dhaniya Singh||Sunita Rajwar||2009–12||Bhajinder's wife, Maheshwari's servant.|
|Gayatri Singhania||Sonali Verma||2009–13||Raj Shekhar's first wife; Naitik and Rashmi's mother.|
|Raj Shekhar Singhania alias Raj Bhanna||Sandeep Mehta||2009–2018||Mahendra Pratap's younger brother; Late Gayatri's husband; Devyani's husband; Naitik and Rashmi's father.|
(previously Rashmi Deora)
|Neha Saroopa||2009–16||Gayatri and Raj Shekhar's daughter; Naitik's younger sister; Nikhil and Sameer's wife; Gayatri's mother.|
|Nandini Agarwal||Nidhi Uttam||2009–2019||Kaveri and Mahendra Pratap's daughter; Mohit's wife; Yash's adoptive mother, Anmol's mother.|
|Maharaj||Rakesh Deewana||2009–14||Singhania's chef.|
|Ratan Goyal||Bhuvan Chopra||2009||Rajshri's brother; Shaurya and Akshara's maternal uncle.|
|Gulabo||Divya Bhatnagar||2009–11||Singhania's maid.|
|Rituraj Singhania||Ali Merchant||2009, 2011–12||Naitik's cousin brother.|
|Bindiya Singhania||Preeti Sharma||2009||Rituraj's wife; Naitik's sister-in-law.|
|Bhajinder Singh aka Bhola||Anand Mani||2009–12||Maheshwari's servant.|
|Nani ji||Ruma Sengupta||2009–11||Rajshri and Ratan's mother.|
|Alok Awasthi||Amit Dolawat||2009, 2014–15||Akshara's college-mate and former admirer, Muskaan's husband.|
|Parvati Singhania||Kirti Sually||2010–2019||Mahendra Pratap and Raj Shekhar's sister; Nandini, Naitik and Rashmi's paternal aunt.|
|Nikhil Deora||Ashish Kapoor||2011–2013||Rashmi's ex-husband; Rajendra and Rama Deora's son; Gayatri's father.|
|Rama Deora||Shravani Goswami||2011–16, 2018 - 2019||Rajendra's husband; Nikhil's mother.|
|Prerna Singhania alias Chikki||Reem Shaikh||2012||Young Prerna|
|Navika Kotia||2013–2014||Singhania's adopted child.|
|Naksh Singhania alias Chiku, Lalla, Duggo||Shehzad Shaikh||2019–present||Akshara and Naitik's son; Naira's elder brother; Keerti's husband; Krish's father.|
|Shivansh Kotia||2012–15||Young Naksh|
|Harsh||2011||One year old Naksh|
|Ananya Sharma||Nairtiya Chandola||2012–15||Young Ananya|
|Akshaya Naik||2015-17, 2018||Varsha and Shaurya's daughter; Kuhu's step elder sister; Ranveer's wife.|
|Yash Agarwal||Ansh Kaul||2012–15||Young Yash|
|Sanchit Sharma||2015–17||Nandini and Mohit's adopted son; Anmol's adoptive elder brother; Rose's husband.|
|Jasmeet Maheshwari||Shirin Sewani||2013-16, 2018||Sethi and Pammi's daughter; Anshuman's wife; Nannu's mother.|
|Soniya Kaur||2019 (in spin-off series)|
|Devyani Singhania||Kshitee Jog||2014–present||Raj Shekhar's second wife; Naitik and Rashmi's step mother; Suresh Agarwal's ex-wife; Naman and Muskaan's mother.|
|Naman Agarwal||Anshul Pandey||2014–16||Suresh and Devyani's son; Raj Shekhar's step son; Muskaan's elder brother; Karishma's ex-husband; Mishti's father.|
|Jay Pathak||2019 (in spin-off series)|
|Muskaan Awasthi||Zarina Roshan Khan||2014–15||Suresh and Devyani's daughter, Raj Shekhar's step daughter, Naman's younger sister; Alok's wife.|
|Suresh Agarwal||Pooran Kiri||2014–15||Devyani's first husband; Naman and Muskaan's father.|
|Karishma Agarwal||Priyanka Udhwani||2014–17||Naman's ex-wife; Mishti's mother.|
|Nishank Maheshwari alias Nannu||Khushmeet Gill||2015–16||Young Nannu|
|Anmol Jyotir||2016-17||Anshuman and Jasmeet's son.|
|Gayatri Goenka alias Gayu||Simran Khanna||2019–present||Rashmi and Nikhil's daughter; Vivaan ex-girlfriend and the bearer of his child; Samarth's wife; Vansh's mother.|
|Payal Bhojwani||2015-16||Teenage Gayu|
|Sanjana||Vaishali Takkar||2015–16||Naksh's friend.|
|Sameer Desai||Mazher Sayed||2015||Rashmi's second husband, Gayatri's step-father.|
|Tara Singh Shekhawat||Umang Jain||2015–16||Naksh's ex-fiancée.|
|Chandrabhan Singh Shekhawat||Alok Nath||2015–16||Tara's grandfather.|
|Sangram Singh Shekhawat||Amal Sehrawat||2015–16||Tara's brother.|
|Aditya Singh Shekhawat||Shivam Agarwal||2015–16||Tara's brother.|
|Vikram Singh Shekhawat||Shushant Marya||2015-16||Tara's Brother|
|Nisha Singh Shekhavat||Veena Jagtap||2015–16||Tara's friend.|
|Preeti||Rashi Kapoor||2015-16||Tara's best friend|
|Ranveer Sharma||Arjun Kohli||2016-18||Ananya's husband.|
|Kuhu Rajvansh||Harbandna Kaur||2016||Young Kuhu|
|Yamini Makwana||2016-17||Teenage Kuhu|
|Kaveri Priyam||2019||Sneha's and Shaurya's biological daughter; Varsha's adoptive daughter; Kunal's wife.|
|Mishti Agarwal||Aarna Sharma||2016-17, 2019||Young and Teenage Mishti.|
|Rhea Sharma||2019||Naman and Karishma's daughter.|
|Sukanya||Sheetal Tiwari||2016||Naira's friend.|
|Gurumaa||Kamalika Guha Thakurta||2016||Naira's dance teacher.|
|Anmol Agarwal||Karan Pahwa||2016, 2018–2019||Nandini and Mohit's son; Yash's step younger brother; Mansi's husband.|
|Rose Agarwal||Sippora Zoutewelle||2016||Yash's wife, Martha's daughter.|
|Martha Wilkins||Suzanne Bernert||2016||Rose's mother.|
|Vivaan||Fahad Ali||2016||Gayatri's school friend and love interest, who fathered her child, Vansh. He was mentioned dead in a car accident happened in 2019.|
|Keerti Singhania||Mohena Singh||2016–2019||Manish and Soumya's daughter; Suvarna's step daughter; Kartik's sister; Shubam's step sister; Aditya's ex-wife, Naksh's wife; Krish's mother.|
|Suvarna Goenka||Niyati Joshi||2019–present||Manish's second wife; Shubam's mother, Keerti and Kartik's step mother.|
|Manish Goenka||Sachin Tyagi||2016–present||Suhasini's elder son; Akhilesh's elder brother; Soumya and Suvarna's husband; Keerti, Kartik and Shubam's father.|
|Akhilesh Goenka||Ali Hassan||2016–present||Suhasini's younger son; Manish's younger brother; Surekha's husband; Mansi, Luv and Kush's father.|
|Surekha Goenka||Shilpa Raizada||2016–present||Akhilesh's wife, Suhasini's younger daughter-in-law; Mansi, Luv and Kush's mother.|
|Suhasini Goenka||Swati Chitnis||2016–present||Manish and Akhilesh's mother; Samarth's elder aunt; Tejasvini and Purushottam's sister.|
|Luv Goenka||Shreshth Saxena||2016–2019||One of Akhilesh and Surekha's twin sons, Mansi's younger brother.|
|Kush Goenka||Shubh Saxena||2016–2019||One of Akhilesh and Surekha's twin sons, Mansi's younger brother.|
|Soumya Goenka||Nupur Joshi||2017||Manish's first wife; Keerti and Kartik's mother. Appeared only in flashback sequences.|
|Mansi Agarwal||Shreya Sharma||2017||Akhilesh and Surekha's daughter; Luv and Kush's elder sister; Anmol's wife.|
|Priyanka||Tiya Gandwani||2017–18, 2019||Soumya's younger sister; Manish's sister-in-law; Keerti and Kartik's maternal aunt.||Aditya Bansal||Romit Sharma||2017, 2018–2019||Keerti's ex-husband.|
|Kiran||Shravan Mehta||2017||Naira's dance partner and her boyfriend.|
|Shubam Goenka alias Aryan||Gaurav Wadhwa||2017–18||Manish and Suvarna's son; Keerti and Kartik's step brother.|
|Resham||Keerti Sharma||2018||A con girl who fake name, Suhana to con Goenkas and Manajiri and Ajay's friend.|
|Manjri||Sonia Rakkar||2018||A con girl and Resham and Ajay's friend.|
|Ajay||Unknown||2018||A con boy and Resham and Manjiri's friend.||Kabir||Unknown||2018||Naira's dire hard fan who can go any lenths to marry Naira.|
|Tejasvini||Anita Kanwal||2018||Suhasini's elder sister.|
|Kunal||Ankit Raizada||2018||Naira's Mumbai boyfriend.|
|Tanvi||Unknown||2018||Naira's Mumbai friend.|
|Ashi||Mrinal Singh||2018||Kartik's ex suitor and Karan's wife.|
|Unknown||Unknown||2018||Naira's brain tumor doctor.|
|Samarth Goenka||Samir Onkar||2018–present||Suhasini's younger brother-in-law's son i.e. her nephew, Manish and Akhilesh's younger cousin brother; Gayatri's husband.Vansh’s father|
|Krish Singhania||Dwiti Gajera||2019||Naksh and Keerti's son.|
|Rishabh||Varun Toorkey||2019||Naksh's friend and Naira's admirer and also her ex suitor.|
|Purushottam Ajmera aka "Puru Mama"||Rituraj Singh||2019||Suhasini's younger brother; Manish and Akhilesh's maternal uncle, Ila's father. He was in jail for molesting Mansi and Naira.|
|Ila Ajmera||Aleya Ghosh||2019||Purushottam's daughter,; Suhasini's niece, Manish and Akhilesh's younger maternal cousin sister.|
|Mihir Kapoor||Khushwant Walia||2019||Naira's boss and her friend and also Goenka's rivalry business man.|
|Mithali||Minal Mogam||2019||Mihir's girlfriend.|
|Kairav Goenka||Tanmay Shah||2019–present||Naira and Kartik's son.|
|Vansh Goenka||Maaz Champ||2019–present||Gayatri and Vivaan's son and Samarth's step son.|
|Trisha||Diksha Dami||2020||Naira's Hrishikesh's friend.|
|Lisa||Radhika Chhabbra||2019||Naira's friend at Goa and Akhilesh's secret girlfriend.|
|Vedika||Pankhuri Awasthy||2019–2020||Kartik's ex wife.|
|Pallavi||Deepti Sahni||2019–2020||Vedika's best friend and Kairav and Naira's doctor.|
|Golu||Unknown||2019||Naira's Hrishikesh's boyfriend.|
|Mitu||Unknown||2019||Naira's Hrishikesh's boyfriend.|
|Damini Mishra||Payal Nair||2019||Kartik's lawyer.|
|Akshat||Neeraj Malviya||2019||Vedika's ex-fiance.|
|2009||Shubhangi Atre||as Kasturi from Kasturi|
|2009||Puja Banerjee||as Vrinda from Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna|
|2009||Shweta Tiwari||as Prerna from Kasautii Zindagii Kay|
|2009||Sara Khan||as Sadhna from Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai|
|2009||Angad Hasija||as Alekh from Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai|
|2009||Kinshuk Mahajan||as Ranvir from Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai|
|2010||Anupriya Kapoor||as Taani from Tere Liye|
|2010||Neha Sargam||as Nivedita from Chand Chupa Badal Mein|
|2010||Pooja Gor||as Pratigya from Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya|
|2011||Sanaya Irani||as Khushi from Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
|2011||Soumya Seth||as Navya from Navya..Naye Dhadkan Naye Sawaal|
|2011||Krystle D'Souza||as Jeevika from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|2011||Nia Sharma||as Maanvi from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|2011||Karan Tacker||as Viren from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|2012||Anas Rashid||as Sooraj from Diya Aur Baati Hum|
|2012, 2016||Deepika Singh||as Sandhya from Diya Aur Baati Hum|
|2012||Neelu Vaghela||as Santosh from Diya Aur Baati Hum|
|2012||Kanika Maheshwari||as Meenakshi from Diya Aur Baati Hum|
|2012||Aamir Khan||To promote Satyamev Jayate|
|2014||Preeti & Pinky|
|2015||Hiba Nawab||as Amaya from Tere Sheher Mein|
|2017||Badshah||for Dance Performance at Kartik and Naira's "Sangeet"|
|2017||Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma||To promote their film Jab Harry Met Sejal|
|2017||Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar and Sana Khan||To promote their film Toilet: Ek Prem Katha|
|2017||Alka Yagnik||Special performance for a tribute to Akshara on Naksh-Keerti's "Sangeet"|
|2018||Adaa Khan||for special dance performance on Valentine's Day|
|2018||Supriya Pathak||to promote her show Khichdi|
|2019||Namit Khanna||to promote his show Sanjivani|
|2019||Gurdeep Kolhi||to promote her show Sanjivani|
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai has had several crossover episodes with various shows. On 28 December 2009, the show had a crossover with Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai. In 24 August 2012, the show had a crossover episode with Diya Aur Baati Hum. In 3 March 2016, actress Deepika Singh as Sandhya from Diya Aur Baati Hum made an entry during Naira's kidnap sequence.
In 2019, On Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's completion of 10 years, a spin-off series was created under the title - "Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke", which premiered on 18 March 2019 starring Rhea Sharma and Shaheer Sheikh.
The series portrays the life of Naman and Karishma's daughter and Naira's younger step cousin Mishti, portrayed by Rhea Sharma. Besides, the show features actors like Kaveri Priyam, Shaheer Sheikh, Rupal Patel and Ritvik Arora in prominent roles.
Hina Khan was selected to play the role of Akshara. Karan Tacker was initially roped for the role of Naitik, but was replaced by Karan Mehra a day away the promo shoot as Tacker became skeptical. Speaking about it producer Rajan Shahi said, “Karan (Tacker) refused to be a part of the show a day and a half prior to shooting the promo. I needed to hunt for a new face on immediate basis. I accidentally met Karan Mehra, a real life replica of my fictitious character Naitik.”
In June 2016, Karan Mehra quit the show owing health issues. Two sequences were shot before his exit: one was his death track and other was his kidnap track and decision was made to carry forward the story with the kidnapping track. Then, he was replaced by Vishal Singh in August 2019, making his entry with the Kidnap sequence in Switzerland. Soon, in November 2016, Hina Khan quit as her character became monotonous for her and she was shown killed in a car accident. Then, parallel lead Shivangi Joshi playing Naira and recurring one Mohsin Khan playing Kartik, who entered in May 2016, became the leads of the show and the character Naitik became a recurring one since.
In 2012, Sanjay Gandhi playing Mahendra quit due to the issues between him and his co-actors Sonali Verma and Sandeep Mehta who was then replaced by Abhijit Lahiri. The latter also quit after the death of his character in March 2015. In December 2013, Sonali Verma playing Gayathri Singhania quit owing to her marriage and her character was shown dead after a fall from a cliff.
In December 2014, Ather Habib playing Shaurya quit as he felt nothing more was there to explore in his character and was replaced by Yash Gera. Gera also quit in 2017 due to the same reason as that of Habib. He was replaced by Sameer Sharma in the spin-off series. Aman Sharma playing Anshuman quit as he wanted to search for better opportunities and was replaced by Dheeraj Gumbar who also quit.
In 2015, Ayush Agarwal quit due to personal reasons and was replaced by Shamik Abbas. In May 2016, Umang Jain playing Tara and her on-screen family members quit as the story started to focus on other tracks after the cancellation of her and Naksh's (Rohan Mehra) wedding in the show as Hina Khan playing Akshara refused playing the role of a mother in law.
In September 2016, Rohan Mehra playing Naksh quit to participate in Bigg Boss and was replaced by Rishi Dev. Dev also quit in December 2018 as he wished to focus on his YouTube channel and was replaced by Shehzad Shaikh. In September 2017, Kanchi Singh playing Gayatri Deora quit as her character was sidelined and was replaced by Deblina Chatterjee in November 2018.
Anshul Pandey playing Naman quit in October 2016 who was replaced by Jay Pathak in the spin-off series. In January 2018, Priyanka Udhwani playing Karishma quit as nothing was left for her character. In July 2018, Vaishnavi Rao was cast as Manasi which was earlier played by Shreya Sharma as the makers considered the former better for the role.
Parul Chauhan quit in April 2019 as she doesn't want to play a grandmother and was replaced by Niyati Joshi as Suvarna. As the story was about to take a leap, in May 2019, Mohena Kumari Singh playing Keerti quit owing to her wedding. Deblina Chatterjee playing Gayathri quit as she was not interested in playing a mother and was replaced by Simran Khanna. Sreshth Saxena and Shubh Saxena were made to quit due to the leap. Shaurya Shah who entered in June 2019 as Kairav quit the following month owing to his health issues and was immediately replaced by Tanmay Rishi.
In January 2020, Anmol Jyotir who played Nishanth till 2017 was cast along with Apoorva Jyotir to play Kush and Luv.
The show took its first leap of 4 years on 30 November 2012 post the car accident of Naitik as he slips into coma. It then took a leap of 10 years on 30 March 2015 after Kaveri banishing Akshara from the house owing to Mahendra Pratap's death. Then a leap of some years was taken on 16 May 2016 post teenage Naira running away from her home fearing imprisonment. Another leap of 2 years was taken on 21 May 2018 after Shubam's death as Suvarna ousts her. It took a leap of 5 years on 7 June 2019 after Naira leaves the Goenka house on Kartik's misconception about her.
In April 2016, as both Hina Khan and Karan Mehra refused to play the role as in-laws after the on-going Naksh and Tara's wedding track. Thus, the track was altered such that the wedding was called off.
Speaking about Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's success producer Rajan Shahi said, "Well, to be honest, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai doing well is something we have to strive for each and every day. When a show completes this number of episodes, it becomes a challenge as to how to sustain the show. There are so many topics to choose from and there are so many relationships, so that becomes a major challenge, to keep the freshness alive. Drama, intrigue, etc is just a part of storytelling but to still keep the essence alive that is the challenge, it is always a day to day battle.”
The series is mainly filmed in the Film City at Goregaon in Mumbai. As it based on the families in Udaipur of Rajasthan, some were also filmed there. Some sequences were also filmed in Rishikesh during 2016 and March 2018. In March 2017, the wedding track of Kartik and Naira was filmed in a grand manner in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
A special segment named Rishton Ka Utsav aired from 26 November 2018 to 5 December 2018 where Kartik and Naira organize a unique festival which brings all generations with most of the family members of the show through all these years come together and celebrate their reunion. This segment also marked the entry of Deblina Chatterjee as Gayatri Deora replacing Kanchi Singh who quit the show in 2017.
Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai was touted as the biggest weekday prime time fiction launch in past three years during 2009.
This longest running Hindi soap is the fourth longest-running Indian television soap opera and is still one of the top rated show. It is acclaimed to be the first Hindi show to cross 2,500 episodes. It completed 3,000 episodes on 11 September 2019 creating a history in the Indian television.
It became the second most watched Indian Hindi television show of 2011. In 2013, it was the third most watched Indian Hindi television show with an average of 7 million viewership and a peak viewership of 8.9 million.
After the death of Hina Khan's character in November 2016, the ratings of the show which earlier declined started to revive. During September to November 2016, it had a viewership averaged 4.9 million and was even out of top ten shows. Post Akshara's death track, when the story started focussing on Naira and Kartik, the viewership increased gradually and soon entered the top three shows in March 2017 while it averaged 7 million viewership.
Pankhuri Awasthi who entered as Vedika in June 2019 received many hatred from the fans due to her gray character who was shown as hurdle between the reunion of the lead characters Kartik (Mohsin Khan) and Naira (Shivangi Joshi). Hashtag #RIPdirectorskutproduction started to trend in social medias after Kartik and Vedika's marriage track. Despite these, the show maintained the top spot in its urban viewership during this track and remained in top three shows overall.
From 2011 to 2015, the show was dubbed as Uravugal Thorarkadhai in Tamil on Star Vijay and as Pellante Noorella Panta in Telugu on Star Maa, both being discontinued after airing more than 1000 episodes.
In 2017, the show was dubbed in Malayalam under the title Akkareyanente Maanasam 2 on Asianet Plus and also in Tamil as Uravugal Thodarkadhai 2 on Star Vijay Super from episode 2075, but were discontinued within few months.
Note: Only notable awards are listed below.
|2009||Best Actress - Popular||Hina Khan|||
|Best Actor -Popular||Karan Mehra|
|Best Serial - Popular||Rajan Shahi|
|Best Costumes||Ritu Deora|
|2010||Best Direction||Neeraj Baliyan|||
|ITA Scroll Honour||'Yeh Rishta & Bidaai'|
|2011||Best Direction'||Neeraj Baliyan|||
|GR8! Ensemblance Cast||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|2012||Best Direction||Neeraj Baliyan|
|2013||Best Actress in Supporting Role (Drama)||Sonali Verma|
|Best Child Artist||Shivansh Kotia|
|Best Music Composer||Naveen|
|Best Dialogues||Raghuvir Shekhawat|
|2014||Best Teleplay||Rensil D'Silva,
|2015||Best Actress Popular||Hina Khan|||
|Best Actor Popular||Karan Mehra|
|Best Show Popular||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|ITA scroll honor||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|2016||ITA scroll honor||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|2019||Best Continuing Serial||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|||
|2019||Best actresses Popular||Shivangi Joshi|||
|2019||ITA award for longest running show||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|||
|2009||Best Fresh Face (Popular)||Hina Khan|||
|Most Popular Ensemblance Cast||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|Most Popular Drama Series||Rajan Shahi|
|Best Costumes||Ritu Deora|
|2010||Most Popular Actress in a Lead Role||Hina Khan|||
|Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Drama (Jury)||Sanjeev Seth|
|Most Popular Daily Series||Rajan Shahi|
|Most Popular Ensemblance Cast||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|
|Best Direction||Jai Kalra & Ram Panday|
|2012||Most Popular Continuing TV Series||Rajan Shahi|
|Best Direction||Jai Kalra|
|2013||Best Onscreen Couple (Critics)||Hina Khan & Karan Mehra|||
|Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Drama (Critics)||Abhijeet Lahiri|
|Best Television Show of the Year||Rajan Shahi|
|Most Popular Show with Social Message|
|Most Popular Continuing TV Show|
|Most Popular Child Artist||Shivansh Kotia|
|2014||Most Popular Child Artist||Shivansh Kotia|||
|Most Popular Drama Series||Rajan Shahi|
|Most Popular Continuing TV Programme|
|2015||Best Ensemblance Cast||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|||
|Most Popular Actor in Supporting Role||Rohan Mehra|
|2019||Best Continuing TV programme (Jury)||Rajan Shahi|||
|2010||Best Debutant (Female)||Hina Khan|||
|Best Debutant (Male)||Karan Mehra|
|Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|
|2013||Best TV Actor (Female)||Hina Khan|||
|Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|
|2014||Best Make-up Artist||Pandhari Juker|||
|2015||Best Actress||Hina Khan|||
|Favourite Television Show||Rajan Shahi|
|2016||Best Rising Star of Television||Hina Khan|||
|Best TV Actor (Male)||Karan Mehra|
|Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|
|2019||Best Actress||Shivangi Joshi|||
|2010||Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|||
|2013||Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|||
|2015||Best TV Serial||Rajan Shahi|||
|Best TV Child Artist||Shivansh Kotia|
|2016||Best TV Actress in Supporting Role||Lata Sabharwal|||
|Best Television Actor (Popular)||Karan Mehra|
|Best Television Serial (Fiction)||Rajan Shahi|
|2009||Best TV Storyline (Fiction)||Saba Mumtaz|||
|2010||Best TV Programme of the Year||Rajan Shahi|||
|2013||Best Direction||Jai Kalra & Ram Panday|||
|2015||Best TV Storyline (Fiction)||Saba Mumtaz|||
|Best Ongoing TV Program of the Year||Rajan Shahi|
|Best TV Actress||Hina Khan|
|2015||Best Writer||Bhavna Vyas and Munisha Rajpal|||
|2016||Best Ongoing TV Program of the Year||Rajan Shahi|||
|2010||BIG Star Most Entertaining Fiction Show||Rajan Shahi|||
|2013||BIG Star Most Entertaining TV Actor (Male)||Shivansh Kotia|||
|2014||BIG Star Most Entertaining Fiction Show||Rajan Shahi|||
|2018||Best Show||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehata Hai|||
|Best Jodi||Shivangi Joshi and Mohsin Khan|||
|Best Supporting Actor and Actress||Sachin Tyagi and Parul Chauhan|||
|2019||Best Actress Female||Shivangi Joshi|||
|2019||Best Actor Male (popular)||Mohsin Khan|||
|2019||Best TV Show Fiction||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|||
|2019||Longest Running Show||Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai|||
- Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke
- Director's Kut Productions
- List of longest-running Indian television series
- "EXCLUSIVE: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai writer Bhavna on her writing journey, process, creating Kaira & more". Pinkvilla.
- "Rajan Shahi on 10 years of 'YRKKH': "The show has evolved over time"". Biz Asia. 21 January 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Yeh rishta kya kehlata hai completes 10 years, a look at the cast then and now". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Akshara-Naitik's exit has made Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai better, says producer Rajan Shahi". Indian express.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai spin-off gets a title". Indian express.
- "Yash Gera replaces Ather in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai – Times of India".
- "BALH fame Anshul Pandey bags YRKKH".
- "Anshul Pandey talks about YRKKH".
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is a big leap for me, says Suzanne Bernert".
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Akshara aka Hina Khan is very professional: Suzanne Bernett".
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Parul Chauhan & Sandeep Rajora to enter Star Plus show!". India.com. 14 October 2016.
- "Sachin Tyagi in 'Yeh Rishta...'". The Times of India. 24 November 2016.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Naira to get kidnapped by Aditya in the show – Bollywoodlife". 20 January 2017.
- "Raghav to take a step ahead with his evil plan in Yeh Rishta". Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI: Meet 'NEW MAN' in Naira's life". Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Bhavna Agarwal. "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan & Shivangi Joshi's bond with their little co star Tanmay is endearing". Retrieved 26 July 2019.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Kaartik and Naaira Marriage Sangeet Badshah Performance – Jansatta". 20 January 2017.
- "Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma to appear on 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'". Times of India.
- "Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar meet Keerti, Naksh ahead of their wedding in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai September 4, 2017 written update: Alka Yagnik pays tribute to Akshara at sangeet ceremony". Times of India.
- "GOOD NEWS ! Naagin actress Adaa Khan to ENTER STAR Plus' 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'". 16 February 2018.
- "Sanjivani 2 stars Namit Khanna & Gurdeep Kohli pose for a selfie with Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Kaira".
- "Diya Aur Baati Hum and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai crossover episode on hotstar". Hotstar.
- "'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai': Akshara dons a different look to rescue Naira; Sandhya of 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' joins her". www.ibtimes.co.in.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai producer CONFIRMS that Shaheer Sheikh will play the lead in the show's spin-off". Times Now News. 5 February 2019. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- "Yeh rishta kya kehlata hai spin off title revealed, meet the first character of the new show". indiatoday.in.
- "Hina Khan Reveals How She Bagged Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai; Says She Wanted To Become A Journalist!". Filmibeat.
- "Did you know Karan Mehra was NOT the 1st CHOICE for Naitik's role in 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'?". ABP News.
- "The reason behind Karan Mehra's exit from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is just sad". India Today.
- "Makers of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' confused over the end of Naitik's track". The Times of India.
- "Is Vishal Singh the new Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai?". Times of India.
- "This is the real reason why Akshara aka Hina Khan left Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". The Indian Express.
- "Here's why these actors left Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times Of India.
- "'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai': Why Did Bhabhima Throw Akshara Out of the House?". India West.
- "'Yeh Rishta's Gayatri quits the show". Times Of India.
- "'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' actor Yash Gera gets back to DJing". ABP News.
- "Samir Sharma to play Akshara's brother Shaurya in 'Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke'!". ABP News.
- "Aman Sharma to quit Yeh Rishta?". Times Of India.
- "Umang Jain quits Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". The Times of India.
- "Rohan Mehra to quit Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai?". Times Now News.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Naksh aka Rishi Dev to quit the show?". India Today.
- "Bepannaah's Shehzad Shaikh feels bagging Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai was best New Year's gift". India Today.
- "Kanchi Singh quits 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai'". Times Of India.
- "Deblina Chatterjee replaces Kanchi Singh as Gayu in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times of India.
- "Jay Pathak to play Mishti's father Naman in 'Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke'!". ABP News.
- "Priyanka Udhwani Quit Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai; Here's The Real Reason". Mid Day.
- "Vaishnavi Rao replaces Shreya Sharma in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Dailyhunt.
- "Parul Chauhan aka Swarna bids adieu to Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Yes, I have quit the show". India Today.
- "Exclusive: Niyati Joshi confirms replacing Parul Chauhan to play 'Swarna' in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Times Of India.
- "Mohena Kumari Singh on quitting Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Post marriage, I will say goodbye to acting'". Times Now.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: After Parul Chauhan, Deblina Chatterjee aka Gayu quits the show". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Simran Khanna replaces Deblina Chatterjee as Gayu". India Today.
- "After Mohena Kumari Singh & Deblina Chatterjee, Saxena Brothers Say Goodbye to Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". News18.
- "Shaurya Shah's mother on his exit from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: He had viral, couldn't shoot for 8-10 hours". India Today.
- "Yeh Rishta's Shivangi Joshi shares cute video with her onscreen son Kairav". Times Of India.
- "Apoorva-Anmol Jyotir To Enter 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' As Grown-Up 'Luv-Kush'". ABP News.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai makes history by nearing 3000 episodes; Kartik aka Mohsin Khan is ecstatic". Times Of India.
- "The GEC market has disintegrated into smaller units with niche regional preferences". Indian Television. 8 January 2010.
- "Akshara turns a business women post leap!". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai to shoot in Cape Town after 10 year leap". Times of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai:Post Leap, Akshara & Naitik Celebrate Gayu's Birthday; Naira In Rishikesh".
- "'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' leap: Naira to separate from her loving parents Naitik and Akshara?". IB Times.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai to take a 2-year leap, set and storyline to be revamped". India TV News.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Promo: Post 5-years leap, Shivangi Joshi shown as a single mother". Times of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Hina Khan REFUSES to play 'saas'; Naksh-Tara's wedding cancelled!". ABP News.
- "Producer Rajan Shahi on Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's success: 'It's a challenge to keep the freshness alive'". Times Now News. 23 April 2019. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai to Naamkarann: Here's why shooting for these TV shows is extremely risky". India Today.
- "Studios of Mumbai - Where the action unfolds". Mumbai Live.
- "Udaipur raises demand for film city". The Times of India.
- "Walk Amongst The Stars At Mumbai's Filmcity". Mid Day.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Shivangi Joshi aka Naira 'thrilled' to shoot in Rishikesh". ABP News.
- "Rishikesh turns backdrop for TV show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". The Indian Express.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Producer Rajan Shahi talks about Kartik, Naira getting married in Bikaner". The Free Press Journal.
- "Yeh Rishta... goes to Bangkok". Daily News Analysis.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai... to shoot in Cape Town after 10-year leap". The Times of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai cast to fly off to Hong Kong?". India Today.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai cast shoots in Switzerland, see pics". The Times of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' Couple Mohsin Khan And Shivangi Joshi To Go On 'Honeymoon". Mid Day.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai - The Union: promo on Star Plus". YouTube. Star Plus.
- "In Pics: Rishton Ka Utsav in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai". Telly Chakkar.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai celebrates biggest family reunion with Rishton Ka Utsav". News24.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is the best primetime fiction launch in the last three years". Indian Television.
- "The Secret Sauce behind long running Hindi GEC shows". Indian Television.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai makes history". India Today.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 3000 not out". Indian Express. 11 September 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- SUBHA J. RAO. "The power of a vote". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Prime Time Soap Operas on Indian Television. google.com. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Top 10 Indian TV shows of 2011". The Times of India.
- "Diya Aur Baati Hum is No 1 among top ten shows in 2013". Business Standard.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: How Akshara's exit turned out to be a boon for the show". India Today.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai spoiler: Vedika to turn vamp in Kartik, Naira and Kairav's life". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Vedika aka Pankhuri Awasthy receives hate messages from fans of Shivangi Joshi and Mohsin Khan". Times Of India. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Pankhuri Awasthy aka Vedika posts new pic from Naira and Kartik's bedroom, fans get upset". Times Of India.
- "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Fans upset with the current track express their displeasure on social media". India Today.
- "TRP Report: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai gets a record number, topples Kundali Bhagya to take the 1st spot". Pinkvilla.
- "TRP Ratings Week 37, 2019: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Still At Top Of The Charts". News Nation.
- "Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race". Filmibeat.
- "From Koffee with Karan to Big Boss Tamil — these are the most-watched Indian shows on Hotstar in 2019". Business Insider.
- "Promo of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on Urdu1 channel".
- "Hina Khan's comment makes namma stars angry". The Times of India.
- "It is the real thing". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Watch Akkareyanente Maanasam 2 on Hotstar". Hotstar.
- "Uravugal Thodarkathai 2 - Tamil Language Dubbed Family Romance Television Series on Vijay Super". Youtube. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Star Life TV's plot and main casts of Not Without My Family".
- "Jam Tayang Yeh Rishta dan Bepannah ANTV Ganti, Penonton: Payah".
- "Indian Television Academy Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "GR8! TV Magazine - THE INDIAN TELEVISION ACADEMY AWARDS, 2010". www.gr8mag.com. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Indian Television academy awards 2019 winners list - Times of India". Times of India.
- "Indian Telly Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Indian Telly Awards 2014 – And the winners are…". pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "14th Indian Telly Awards: Radhika Madan, Karan-Divyanka, Sriti Bag Awards – Complete Winners' List".
- "Here are the winners of the Indian Telly Awards".
- "Kalakar Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Kalakar Awards: Radhika Madan, 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' actors bag prestigious awards [PHOTO]". IBTimes. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "kalakar-awards-2019-heres-the-winners-list-in-pics". fuzionproductions.com.
- "Lions Gold Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Apsara/Star Guild Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Star Guild Awards 2015 full winners list: Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Mohit Raina, Ronit Roy win top honours". India.
- "BIG Star Entertainment Awards - Indian Award Shows Information". weebly.com. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Gold Awards 2018 Winners List: Nakuul-Surbhi-Ishqbaaaz team win big; Jennifer Winget-Mouni Roy among awardees". Pinkvilla.
- "Gold Awards 2019 Winners List: Shivangi Joshi, Mohsin Khan, Surbhi Chandna, Hina Khan and others win big". Pinkvilla.
- "Gold Awards 2019 Winners List: Hina Khan, Surbhi Chandna, Shivangi Joshi Walk Away With Trophies". Abp Live.