|Born||2 March 1959|
|Died||18 April 2014 (aged 55)|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Guru Dhanapal made his directorial debut with Unna Nenachen Pattu Padichen (1992) starring Karthik, Sasikala, and Monisha in leading roles. In the 1990s, the director made a series of film starring Sathyaraj in the lead role, achieving box office success with Thai Maaman (1994) after which he made Maaman Magal (1995) and Periya Manushan (1997). The three films were described as "routine comedy masala ventures" and were filmed in very quick schedules. In between he collaborated with Jayaram twice in Periya Idathu Mappillai (1997) and Raja Magal, which did not release, as well as directing a portion of Suyamvaram (1999), which featured an ensemble cast of actors from the Tamil film industry. His final venture was the much-delayed Sathyaraj starrer Suyetchai MLA in 2006. A further project titled Vanthanga Jeyichanga launched in 1998 with Sathyaraj, failed to materialise.
|1992||Unna Nenachen Pattu Padichen|
|1997||Periya Idathu Mappillai||Remake of Malayalam hit Aniyan Bava Chetan Bava|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 August 2010. Retrieved 18 April 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "A-Z (Iv)". Indolink.com. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "A-Z (V)". Indolink.com. Archived from the original on 24 April 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Gokul'S Home Page". Geocities.ws. Retrieved 23 November 2019.
- "Tamil film director Guru Dhanapal passes away". Business Standard. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Tamil film director Guru Dhanapal passes away". Zeenews.india.com. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 19 April 2014.