Guting Station Platform 2
|Location||No. 164-1, Sec. 2, Roosevelt Rd.
Zhongzheng and Da'an, Taipei
|Opened||December 24, 1998, September 30, 2012|
|Passengers||61,215 daily (2016)
(Ranked 15th of 109)
The Taipei Metro Guting Station (formerly transliterated as Kuting Station until 2003) is located on the border of Zhongzheng and Da'an in Taipei, Taiwan. It is an interchange station with Green Line, Zhonghe Line, and the Xinzhuang Line.
The defunct TRA Xindian Line also had a station of the same name. However, its location is not the same as the current station.
The station is a three-level, underground structure with two island platforms and nine exits. The two platforms are stacked, allowing for cross-platform interchange between Green Line and Orange Line. Public art at the station is titled "Chance of Meeting" and features 12 face masks representing contrasts such as day and night, noisy and quiet, time and space, etc. It was selected by international competition and cost NT$4,999,000.
The station is home to several public art pieces. By the escalators connecting the two platform levels, a Medium titled "Enterprise" displays a holographic flight trajectory of a Small and Medium Enterprise Administration. Along some of the entrance hallways, "Administration" shows light boxes with images clouds in a blue sky. On the upper platform in "Platform, Stage", elements from Taiwanese folk arts and Taipei Language Institute have been transformed into abstract elements and institute into two curtains of lines and language surfaces.
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, toilets, one-way ticket machine, information desk|
|B2||Platform 1||Songshan–Xindian Line toward Songshan (Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right, left|
|Platform 2||Zhonghe–Xinlu Line toward Luzhou/ Huilong (Dongmen) →|
|B3||Platform 3||← Songshan–Xindian Line toward Xindian/ Taipower Building (Taipower Building)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left, right|
|Platform 4||← Zhonghe–Xinlu Line toward Nanshijiao (Dingxi)|
- Exit 1: Roosevelt Rd., and Tongan St.
- Exit 2: Roosevelt Rd., and Tongan St.
- Exit 3: Roosevelt Rd. (Guting Market)
- Exit 4: Roosevelt Rd., and Heping E. Rd. (National Taiwan Normal University)
- Exit 5: Heping E. Rd.
- Exit 6: Roosevelt Rd., and Heping E. Rd.
- Exit 7: Roosevelt Rd., and Heping W. Rd.
- Exit 8: Roosevelt Rd., and Heping W. Rd.
- Exit 9: Roosevelt Rd., and Heping W. Rd.
Around the station
- Mandarin Daily News
- Mongolian and Tibetan Cultural Center
- National Taiwan Normal University
- Small and Medium Enterprise Administration
- Taipei Grand Mosque
- Taiwan Mandarin Institute
- Taiwan Futures Exchange
- Goethe-Institut Taipei
- Children's Newspaper Company
- Qiang Shu High School
- Heti Elementary School
- Taiwan Power Labor Union (between this station and Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Station)
- Guting Market
- Nanchang Park
- Zhongzheng CTS (between this station and Dongmen Station)
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guting Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Guting". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|