|Owner||Taoyuan City Government|
|Locale||Taoyuan and New Taipei, Taiwan|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||1|
|Number of stations||21|
|Annual ridership||23.214 million (2018)|
|Website||Taoyuan Metro Corp. ‹See Tfd›(in Chinese)|
|Began operation||2 March 2017|
|Operator(s)||Taoyuan Metro Corporation|
|System length||51.03 km (31.71 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Taoyuan Metro (formerly Taoyuan Rail Transit and officially Taoyuan Mass Rapid Transit System) is a rapid transit system serving the Taoyuan City area in Taiwan. The proposed network will consist of five lines. The system opened for commercial service on 2 March 2017 with the opening of the Taoyuan Airport MRT.
Network and operations
| Taoyuan Airport MRT
|Taipei main station
Airport trains come in two types, commuter and express train. Express trains call at Taipei main station, New Taipei Industrial Park, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Airport Terminal 1, Airport Terminal 2. Commuter trains stop at every station.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the system.
All lines will use standard gauge track, with the exception of the Red line which will use 3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm) track as it will use the right-of-way of a part of the TRA Western Line. The Taolin Line segment of the Brown Line from Taoyuan to Shanbi is intended to be built as a bus rapid transit route.
|Blue Line||Airport Terminal 2||Zhongli||25.4||Opened,Merged with|
In March 2011, the Bureau of High Speed Rail, which oversees construction of the project, announced that the 11.4 km (7.1 mi)-long elevated structure from Dayuan Station (A15) to Xingnan Station (A20) had been completed. The rest of the Taoyuan Line passed an environmental impact assessment in July 2014. Construction is expected to last from June 2015 to 2019.
- The Airport MRT is also known as the Purple Line for the color scheme, and occasionally known as Blue Line as it was partially designated as such.
- "Mass Rapid Transit". stat.motc.gov.tw. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- 黃立偉, 張國樑 (25 January 2017). 春節後試營運 機捷敲定3月2日上路. PTS NEWS (in Chinese).
- 桃園都會區大眾捷運系統 (in Chinese). Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2008-07-01. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- 《交通》機場捷運大園至中壢路段高架橋全部合龍. 中時電子報 (in Chinese). 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- Chiu, Chun-chin; Holzer, Wesley; Kao, Evelyn (2014-07-17). "Taoyuan MRT green line passes evaluation, could be finished by 2019". Central News Agency. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- Taoyuan Metro Corp. – official website
- Taoyuan MRT by the Transportation Department, Taoyuan County Government
|KML file (edit • help)
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|