|Directed by||Govinda Van Maele|
|Produced by||Gilles Chanial|
|Written by||Govinda Van Maele|
|Cinematography||Narayan Van Maele|
|Edited by||Stefan Stabenow|
Gutland is a 2017 internationally co-produced drama film directed by Govinda Van Maele. It was screened 8 September 2017 in the Discovery section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival. In Luxembourg the film was screened for the first time at the Luxembourg City Film Festival 2018. It was selected as the Luxembourgish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Frederick Lau as Jens Fauser
- Vicky Krieps as Lucy Loschetter
- Marco Lorenzini as Jos Gierens
- Pit Bukowski as Marcel
- Leo Folschette as Arno Kleyer
The film, for which a budget of 3 million euros was available, was shot in 37 days during December 2016. It was filmed around Herborn. The film was shot with 35mm. The film was inspired in part by Van Maele's experience growing up as the son of immigrant parents in a small Luxembourgish village.
- List of submissions to the 91st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Luxembourgish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Gutland". Film Fund. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- Pond, Steve (22 August 2017). "Toronto Film Festival Adds International Films, Talks With Angelina Jolie and Javier Bardem". TheWrap. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- ""Gutland" représentera le Luxembourg aux Oscars". L'essentiel. 6 September 2018. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Brenton, Hannah (6 September 2018). "Gutland selected as Luxembourg pick for Oscars". Luxembourg Times. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Abbatescianni, Davide. (10 September 2018). Luxembourg pins its hopes on Gutland for the Oscars. Cineuropa. Retrieved 10 September 2018
- "Stars in Herborn vor der Kamera: "Gutland" ist nicht Luxemburg". Wort.lu (in German). 6 December 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "'Gutland': Review". Screen. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "Interview: Govinda Van Maele talks Gutland". FilmDoo. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Gutland (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
|This article related to a Luxembourg film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|