This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||24 July 1953 (age 63)
Nevers, Burgundy, France
|Cooking style||Nouvelle cuisine|
Guy Savoy (born 24 July 1953) is a French chef, who is the Head Chef and owner of the eponymous Guy Savoy restaurant in Paris and sister restaurant in Las Vegas, both of which have gained multiple Michelin stars.
He owns four other restaurants in Paris.
Guy Savoy was born on 24 July 1953 in Nevers. In 1955, his parents moved to Bourgoin-Jallieu, a town in Isère, where his father was a gardener and his mother owned a taproom, that she would transform into a restaurant. After three years apprenticeship with the Troisgros brothers, he owned his own restaurant in New York before opening in rue Duret, Paris in 1980, which received 2 Michelin stars in 1985. In 2017 his restaurant (La Monnaie de Paris) has been nominated[by whom?] as the best in the world.
He is married to Danielle Savoy and has 2 children: Caroline (born 21st January 1978) and Franck (born 4th June 1979).
- Flagship restaurants
- Restaurant Guy Savoy – Monnaie de Paris, 11 Quai de Conti – 6th arrondissement of Paris
- Restaurant Guy Savoy – Las Vegas, United States
- Other restaurants
- Restaurant Rôtisserie Atelier Maitre Albert – 5th arrondissement of Paris
- Restaurant Les Bouquinistes – 6th arrondissement
- Restaurant Le Chiberta – 8th arrondissement
Awards and accolades
The Paris restaurant Guy Savoy garnered three Michelin stars in 2002. The restaurant was ranked in the Restaurant Magazine Top 50 Restaurants in the world in 2004 and 2005.
- Vegetable Magic with Guy Langlois, Ebury Press (1987) ISBN 978-0852236260
- Guy Savoy: Simple French Recipes for the Home Cook (2004) ISBN 978-1584793625
- "Chef Guy Savoy of Restaurant Guy Savoy - Biography". Las Vegas: Starchefs.com. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Gordon Ramsay". The Biography Channel. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Season 3 episode 18 of MasterChef
- Season 12 episode 8 of Hell's Kitchen
- "5 popular restaurants in Singapore that closed down in 2014". The Straits Times. 9 October 2014.
- "2004 List (number 6)". The World's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "2005 List (number 16)". The World's 50 Best Restaurants. Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Guy Savoy Caesars Palace". VegasGuy. Retrieved 31 March 2015.