|Founded||London, England (1979)|
|Headquarters||London, England, United Kingdom|
Number of locations
|77 retail stores|
|Parent||Torreal S.C.R., S.A.|
Hackett was founded in 1979 by Jeremy Hackett and Ashley Lloyd-Jennings from a stall on London's Portobello Road. The first shop, on the "wrong end" of King's Road, in London Chelsea district, was selling only used clothes.
The company gradually expanded over several years, increasing the number of branches and moving from acquiring and selling second-hand clothing to designing and selling its own items. International expansion began with the 1989 opening of a Spanish branch in Madrid.
In 1994, Hackett opened a shop at the Rive Gauche in Paris before adding children’s clothes to its collection a year later.
In February 2015, Hackett London (part of the Pepe Jeans Group) has been bought by Lebanese M1 Group and by LVMH subsidiary : L Capital Asia. The company were previously owned by Torreal Funds (31 percent), Artá Capital (16.4 percent), L Capital Europe (11.5 percent) and its managers. 
- Butler, Sarah (3 June 2005). "Spanish buy Hackett for 15m". The Times. London. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Menkes, Suzy (11 January 2010). "Hackett: A 'Heritage' That's Oh-So-British". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Jeremy Hackett Interview — Gentleman's Gazette". www.gentlemansgazette.com. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- Inveterate (13 March 2015). "Hackett London x Williams Martini Racing: Unique Replica Kit Collaboration Launch". Inveterate. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Pepe Jeans Group bought by LVMH subsidiary and Lebanese group". FashionUnited. 11 February 2015. Retrieved 18 June 2015.