||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Known for||Painting, Photography|
Early life and career
Ayla was born Baghdad, Iraq. Before moving to the United States in 1991, Ayla lived between Iraq, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia, after which she lived in Europe for 15 years. She achieved BA Business from Sorbonne University in Paris, as well as MA Marketing & Business from the American College in London and Webster University, Geneva.
Having taken art courses at the College of Marin in California, Ayla holds more than 30 years experience as a photographer, and began painting in her early thirties, she combines photography with painting and collage to create unique mixed media painted photographs from her journeys to the Middle East.
She gave a keynote address at a Red Cross Annual Meeting where she spoke about the historic legacy of the Arabs and its impact on today's world. Ayla has also appeared on national and local radio and television such as ABC's "Good Morning America" as a champion for Arab art culture and humanity.
Her work has been exhibited throughout the Arab world, UK, Europe and the US.
- 2005: La Kasbah, San Francisco, CA
- 2005: Lehrer Gallery, Larkspur, CA
- 2005: Mendocino Gallery, Mendocino, CA
- 2005: The San Anselmo Inn and Gallery, San Anselmo, CA
- 2006: California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA
- 2006: San Francisco Arab Cultural Center, San Francisco, CA
- 2006: Le Tire Bouchon Gallery, Virginia, US
- 2006: Savannah Studio, London,
- 2006: Kufa Gallery, London
- 2006: Aya Gallery, London
- 2007: Arab Cultural Center of Silicon Valley, Saratoga, CA
- 2007: Pomegranate Gallery, Soho, New York
- 2007: Cab Calloway School of the Arts, Wilmington, DE
- 2008: Iraqi American Bridge of Hope Exhibition, Wilmington, DE
- 2008: Essene Gallery, Sausalito, CA