Halsbury's Law Exchange
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aims and Objectives
The thinktank states that it aims to contribute to the development of law and the legal sector; to communicate ideas on reform and legal direction to decision makers and the legal sector; and to promote debate through papers, reports, events, and media pieces. The outfit aims to examine the rule of law, the structure of the legal system, and the development of the legal sector; to contribute to the development of an efficient statutory framework; to comment on current legal issues that impact on society; and to put forward proposals to ensure the law is just.
Research and Publications
Recent White Papers
Environment: International environmental problems are in a legal lacuna; is an international court for the environment now an imperative?
Corporate: Missed opportunities: did the UK miss a significant opportunity to implement important improving reforms in the recent re-write of its companies’ legislation? Should it now be making further advances, thus parting with old traditions in favour of supporting modern corporate practices?
Employment: A proposal for a simpler employee vetting system.
Family: Does media access to family courts herald a new and potentially damaging era of openness in family proceedings?
Assisted dying: Proposals to change UK law and advance some suitable conclusions for adoption in this jurisdiction.
- Joshua Rozenberg
- Khawar Qureshi QC – Commercial and International Law
- Tim Pitt Payne – Information Law – Freedom of Information, Data Protection (also Employment)
- John Cooper QC – Serious Crime
- Nigel Boardman – Corporate
- Tony Williams – Legal Sector Strategy
- Lucy Theis QC – Family
- Stephen Hockman QC – Environment
- David Greene – Commercial Litigation
- Professor Ian Smith – Employment
- Jonathan Cooper OBE – Human Rights
- Declan O'Dempsey – Employment/Regulatory
- Owen Davies QC – Serious Crime/Extradition/Human Rights/The Bar
- Nick Jarrett Kerr – Strategy/Client Relationship Management