Hands of a Working Man
|"Hands of a Working Man"|
|Single by Ty Herndon|
|from the album Big Hopes|
|Released||January 4, 1999|
|Songwriter(s)||D. Vincent Williams
|Ty Herndon singles chronology|
"Hands of a Working Man" is a song written by D. Vincent Williams and Jim Collins, and recorded by American country music artist Ty Herndon. It was released in January 1999 as the third single from his album, Big Hopes. The song reached number 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in May 1999, and was Herndon's last Top Ten country hit.
The lyric paints a vivid picture of a working man who punches a time clock to pay for braces and other family necessities. He may get tired and frustrated, but he never loses sight of his priorities.
Chuck Taylor, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that the Herndon "offers a solid song and a strong performance that should be widely embraced by country programmers and the working-class listeners who live this lyric."
The music video was directed by Chris Rogers and premiered in early 1999.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||18|
|US Billboard Hot 100||47|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||34|
- Ty Herndon Hot Country Songs Chart History
- Billboard, December 18, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7368." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 29, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Ty Herndon – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Ty Herndon.
- "Ty Herndon – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Ty Herndon.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|