|Undersecretary of Relations with the Civil Society|
November 1, 2016 – March 1, 2018
|Undersecretary of Immigrants|
February 1, 2013 – August 1, 2014
November 4, 1986 |
San Diego, California, United States
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
Hanna Jazmin Jaff Bosdet (born November 4, 1986) is an American born Mexican-Kurd politician, philanthropist, conference speaker, human rights activist, and author.
Early life and education
Her father's family name is Jaff. Which is Kurdish and belongs to the Jaff tribe, well-known for its political involvement in Kurdistan Government since the year 1114. Hanna Jaff's father is a real estate developer and Board Member of North Bank Iraq, the son of Dawood Fattah Al Jaff (also remembered as Dawood Beg Jaff), the largest property owner in Kurdistan and leader of the Jaff Tribe. Her mother's family name is Bosdet, and the family migrated to Mexico from France. Hanna is the great granddaughter of Carlos Henry Bosdet.
Hanna holds a Master's Degree in International Relations from Harvard University, and a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from National University (California). She also studied at Columbia University in New York, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, and La Sorbonne University of Paris. In March 2014, she was awarded two honorary doctorate degrees for her humanitarian work by the American Cultural Institute and Claustro Doctoral in Mexico.
Politics and Activism
Since 2013, Hanna has been the Undersecretary of Relations with the Civil Society, the Undersecretary of Immigrants, the National Secretary of Social Management of Youth Network for Mexico, and the National General Secretary of the Revolutionary Youth Expression in the Institutional Revolutionary Party. She was a Federal Congresswoman candidate of the Ecologist Green Party of Mexico, and the Tourism Ambassador of the state of Morelos, Mexico.
Hanna is an activist for immigrants and refugees, and she frequently volunteers in Iraqi refugee camps[disambiguation needed], where she teaches English and has donated thousands of her English learning books. In 2013, she organized the first Kurdish Festival in Mexico, the biggest one ever held outside Kurdistan, attended by 80,000 people in four days. Hanna speaks at international conferences on topics such as human rights, immigrants, refugees, peace, and the importance of education, mainly to raise awareness and motivation. Hanna has been a speaker in over 80 universities, schools, and institutions around the world. In 2017, she was twice a TED speaker at TEDx Nishtiman in Erbil, Iraq and TEDx Ciudad de Puebla in San Andres Cholula, Mexico.
Hanna is the founder of Jaff Foundation for Education, a nonprofit organization, created on June 4, 2013. The foundation has hosted more than 200 charity events worldwide, benefiting more than 120,000 people. Their mission is to teach English to immigrants, refugees, and the less fortunate, launch nondiscrimination campaigns, and aim their attention on world peace and education. Today, the foundation is located in 18 different states in Mexico and has more than 7,000 active volunteers. Since 2014, she was named "Honorary Representative of the Garmiyan Kurdistan for Latin America" and received six other awards for her humanitarian work by the Kurdish Government of the state of Garmiyan; "Woman of the Year" by the National Chamber of Women; "Person of the Year" by the newspaper El Sol de México. Hanna has authored three English language learning books: for Spanish, Purepecha (native language in Mexico), and Kurdish speakers. She has donated 22,000 of her English books to immigrants, refugees, and the less fortunate.
- "HANNA JAFF, ÉXITO ES EDUCACIÓN". Mundo Ejecutivo. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Di Stefano Pironti, Alexandra (3 March 2014). "Unveiling of Kurdish Pasha's Statue in Mexico Underscores Growing Ties". Gulan Media. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "La tribu jaff en la actualidad". Alto Nivel (in Spanish). 10 October 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "DIPLOMATIC HISTORY: Shah of Iran Grants Assylum to Kurdish Prince Dawood Beg Jaff (1958)". The Iranian archives. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "La millennial que apuesta por la filantropía para cambiar al mundo". Forbes (in Spanish). 19 February 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff Bosdet, la mujer que hace brillar a Luis Miguel". Últimas Noticias (in Spanish). 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Hanna Jaff: Una Mujer Multicultural" (PDF). Revista Universidad Kino (in Spanish). March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "El Mundial de Artes Marciales, Aqui". Excelencia Deportiva: Pit Lane (in Spanish). 17 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Duran, Adriana (28 November 2013). "Princesa con Vocacion". ConSentido (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Ortega, Rogelio (20 October 2013). "Da Morelos sabor". Diario de Morelos (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Se une República Kurda a féminas morelenses". Diario de Morelos (in Spanish). 20 October 2013. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Apoya Hanna Jaff a mujeres indigenas en Morelos". Sexenio (in Spanish). 18 March 2013. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Inauguran Sabor Es Morelos 2013 con cena a familia". Turista (in Spanish). 18 October 2013. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Romero, Rodolfo (24 October 2013). "Embajadores de República Kurda, maravillados con Tepoztlán". El Sol de Cuernavaca (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 29 April 2014. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Ovando, Jorge (2014-03-08). "Un mundo de oportunidades, cultura e historia: Kurdistan". Noticiales (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Kurdish woman plans to run for seat in Mexican Congress". Kurdistan24. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Dr. Hanna Jaff Bosdet receives honorary doctorate degree from Mexican Congress". Kurdistan24. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Homa, Ava (31 December 2013). "Kurdish Engineer Trains Successful Dance Group". Rudaw. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "El primer TEDx Ciudad De Puebla promete romper muros con los que hemos vivido a lo largo de nuestras vidas". Sintesis (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Theme: Rehabilitation & Development". TED. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "WHO IS HANNA JAFF?". TEDxNishtiman. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "La educación, clave del éxito: Hanna Jaff Bosdet". Lideres (in Spanish). 13 October 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff Bosdet" (in Spanish). Lideres. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.