|Undersecretary of Relations with the Civil Society|
November 1, 2016 – March 1, 2018
|Undersecretary of Immigrants|
February 1, 2013 – August 1, 2014
November 4, 1986|
San Diego, California, United States
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)|
Hanna Jazmin Jaff Bosdet (born November 4, 1986) is an American born Mexican-Kurd reality television personality, politician, philanthropist, conference speaker, human rights activist, and author.
Early life and education
Her father's family name is Jaff. Which is Kurdish and belongs to the Jaff tribe, well-known for its political involvement in political Kurdish affairs since the year 1114. Hanna's father is a real estate developer, Board Member of North Bank Iraq (largest private bank in Iraq owned by the family), the son of Dawood Fattah Al Jaff (also remembered as Dawood Beg Jaff), the largest property owner in Kurdistan and leader of the Jaff tribe. She is a descendent of Mohamed Pasha Jaff, Lady Adela, Osman Pasha Jaff, and Mahmud Pasha Jaff. Sherwana Castle is their ancestral home.
Her mother’s paternal family name is Bosdet and mother’s maternal family name is Gonzalez. The Bosdet, are originally from France, migrated first to Canada and then moved to Mexico in the 1800s. The Gonzalez, originally from Spain, migrated to Mexico in the 1800s. Hanna is the great granddaughter of Carlos Henry Bosdet, married to a woman from England, and remembered as the first person to install and introduce the telephone in Mexico.
Hanna holds a Master's Degree in International Relations, a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and minors in Political Science and Criminal Justice. She studied at National University (California) in San Diego, Harvard University in Boston, Columbia University in New York, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Monterrey, and La Sorbonne University of Paris. In March 2014, she was awarded an honorary doctorate degree for her humanitarian work by the Claustro Doctoral in Mexico.
Politics and philanthropy
Since 2013, Hanna has been the Undersecretary of Relations with the Civil Society, the Undersecretary of Immigrants, the National Secretary of Social Management of Youth Network for Mexico, and the National General Secretary of the Revolutionary Youth Expression in the Institutional Revolutionary Party. She was a Federal Congresswoman candidate of the Ecologist Green Party of Mexico.
Hanna is an activist for immigrants and refugees, and she frequently volunteers in Iraqi refugee camps, where she teaches English and has donated thousands of her English learning books. In 2013, she organized the first Kurdish Festival in Mexico, the biggest one ever held outside Kurdistan, attended by 80,000 people in four days. Hanna speaks at international conferences on topics such as human rights, immigrants, refugees, peace, and the importance of education, mainly to raise awareness and motivation. Hanna has been a speaker in over 80 universities, schools, and institutions around the world. In 2017, she was twice a TED speaker at TEDx Nishtiman in Erbil, Iraq and TEDx Ciudad de Puebla in San Andres Cholula, Mexico.
Hanna is the founder of Jaff Foundation for Education, a nonprofit organization, created on June 4, 2013. The foundation has hosted more than 200 charity events worldwide, benefiting more than 120,000 people. Their mission is to teach English to immigrants, refugees, and the less fortunate, launch nondiscrimination campaigns, and aim their attention on world peace and education. Today, the foundation is located in 18 different states in Mexico and has more than 7,000 active volunteers.
Hanna has authored three English language learning books: for Spanish, Purepecha (native language in Mexico), and Kurdish speakers. She has donated 22,000 of her English books to immigrants, refugees, and the less fortunate.
Since 2014, she was named "Honorary Representative of the Garmiyan Kurdistan for Latin America" and received six other awards for her humanitarian work by the Kurdish Government of the state of Garmiyan; "Woman of the Year" by the National Chamber of Women; "30 under 30" by Entrepreneur Magazine; "200 leaders of tomorrow under 30" by St. Gallen Symposium; "Person of the Year" by the newspaper El Sol de México; Award for humanitarian work by Bakhsish Organization for Humanitarian Arts; Award to Jaff Foundation for Education for its Social Work Nationwide by Mexican Petroleum(PEMEX); Award to Jaff Foundation for Education for its Humanitarian Work by Ayuntamiento de Tijuana and Instituto Municipal de la Juventud; “12 women entrepreneurs of the year” by Business Calendar 2015 Bellasarte; “10 most powerful women in 2015 in Baja California” by InfoBaja magazine; “15 most influential people in politics in Mexico”by Reforma newspaper; Benito Juárez Medal by Congreso Mundial por la Paz (World Congress for Peace); “10 influential youths in Politics in Mexico” by Lideres Emergentes magazine; “50 most Admirable Mexican women” by Caras magazine; Award to Jaff Foundation for its Humanitarian Work by Secretaría Municipal de Seguridad Publica y Transito in Cancun, México; “5 Women Transforming Mexico”by Nivel Uno magazine; “Philanthropist of the Year” by Grupo Sexenio (six year period group); Medal for “Academic Excellence” by Claustro Mundial Universitario (World University Committee); and “Ambassador of Peace” representing Tijuana by the United Nations.
We Are One Campaign
On October 15, 2017, Hanna launched a clothing line called We Are One Campaign. It is a non discrimination world peace movement which aims to eliminate hatred, bullying, and division. Regardless of political, religious, sexual orientation, skin color, gender, disability, socioeconomic, and cultural differences. Using clothes to deliver awareness and messages of respect, unity, and tolerance. With every item purchased We Are One Campaign donates an item to refugees, immigrants, or the less fortunate. 
In August 2018, Netflix first reality television show ever done ‘Made in Mexico’ announced that Hanna would be one of the nine cast members. It will air in 190 countries and 22 languages. The series debuted on September 28, 2018.
- "HANNA JAFF, ÉXITO ES EDUCACIÓN". Mundo Ejecutivo. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Netflix to Debut First Mexican Reality Series". The Hollywood Reporter. 20 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- Di Stefano Pironti, Alexandra (3 March 2014). "Unveiling of Kurdish Pasha's Statue in Mexico Underscores Growing Ties". Gulan Media. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "La tribu jaff en la actualidad". Alto Nivel (in Spanish). 10 October 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "DIPLOMATIC HISTORY: Shah of Iran Grants Assylum to Kurdish Prince Dawood Beg Jaff (1958)". The Iranian archives. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "La millennial que apuesta por la filantropía para cambiar al mundo". Forbes (in Spanish). 19 February 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff Bosdet, la mujer que hace brillar a Luis Miguel". Últimas Noticias (in Spanish). 2017-05-16. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Hanna Jaff: Una Mujer Multicultural" (PDF). Revista Universidad Kino (in Spanish). March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- "El Mundial de Artes Marciales, Aqui". Excelencia Deportiva: Pit Lane (in Spanish). 17 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Duran, Adriana (28 November 2013). "Princesa con Vocacion". ConSentido (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2018.
- Ortega, Rogelio (20 October 2013). "Da Morelos sabor". Diario de Morelos (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Se une República Kurda a féminas morelenses". Diario de Morelos (in Spanish). 20 October 2013. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Apoya Hanna Jaff a mujeres indigenas en Morelos". Sexenio (in Spanish). 18 March 2013. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Inauguran Sabor Es Morelos 2013 con cena a familia". Turista (in Spanish). 18 October 2013. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Romero, Rodolfo (24 October 2013). "Embajadores de República Kurda, maravillados con Tepoztlán". El Sol de Cuernavaca (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 29 April 2014. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Ovando, Jorge (2014-03-08). "Un mundo de oportunidades, cultura e historia: Kurdistan". Noticiales (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Kurdish woman plans to run for seat in Mexican Congress". Kurdistan24. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Dr. Hanna Jaff Bosdet receives honorary doctorate degree from Mexican Congress". Kurdistan24. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Homa, Ava (31 December 2013). "Kurdish Engineer Trains Successful Dance Group". Rudaw. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "El primer TEDx Ciudad De Puebla promete romper muros con los que hemos vivido a lo largo de nuestras vidas". Sintesis (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Theme: Rehabilitation & Development". TED. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "WHO IS HANNA JAFF?". TEDxNishtiman. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "La educación, clave del éxito: Hanna Jaff Bosdet". Lideres (in Spanish). 13 October 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff Bosdet" (in Spanish). Lideres. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff: Cuando la discriminación se convierte en filantropía" (in Spanish). San Diego Union Tribune. 20 September 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "How Netflix's 'Made In Mexico' Star Hanna Jaff Bosdet Is Helping Refugees Around The World". Lioness magazine. 27 August 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff, la filántropa mexicana que quiere cambiar el mundo" (in Spanish). Sexenio. 19 February 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "La conmovedora visita de Hanna Jaff a un CRIT" (in Spanish). Latina Cool. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff de Made in Mexico nos revela sus experiencias en el reality" (in Spanish). Quién. 4 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "La polémica colección de ropa de Hanna Jaff" (in Spanish). Capital México. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff on Netflix's First Ever Mexican Reality Show 'Made in Mexico'". KTLA5. 2 October 2018. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "Netflix Launches Its Own 'Real Housewives' Franchise With Mexican Reality Series 'Made in Mexico'". Decider. 20 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "'Made In Mexico' Reality Series On Nine Opulent Lifestyles Set For Netflix". Deadline. 20 August 2018. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "Hanna Jaff". IMDb. August 2018. Retrieved 29 August 2018.