|Coordinates: 38°43′29″N 75°17′6″W / 38.72472°N 75.28500°WCoordinates: 38°43′29″N 75°17′6″W / 38.72472°N 75.28500°W|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||214054|
Harbeson is an unincorporated community in east central Sussex County, Delaware, United States. It lies at the intersection of U.S. Route 9/Delaware Route 404 and Delaware Route 5, east of the town of Georgetown, the county seat of Sussex County. Its elevation is 36 feet (11 m). It has a post office with the ZIP code 19951.
Harbeson is part of the Salisbury, Maryland-Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Harbeson was named for Harbeson Hickman, a large landowner.
- ^ a b "Harbeson, Delaware". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- ^ Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 24.
- ^ "Zip Code Lookup". Archived from the original on 2011-05-17. Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- ^ Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. pp. 149.
- Media related to Harbeson, Delaware at Wikimedia Commons