August 8, 1986
Oroquieta, Misamis Occidental
October 24, 2015 (aged 29)|
Pahar Pangcoga, popularly known as Hasset Go or Chef Hasset (August 8, 1986 – October 24, 2015) was a Filipino celebrity chef and entrepreneur. He appeared in several television shows and gained prominence nationwide.
Go was born on August 8, 1986 in Oroquieta, Misamis Occidental. He is the second child. His siblings were Hisham and Rowden. His parents separated when he was young and decided to help his mother in their pastry business. After finishing high school, he took a crash course on baking with Chef Heny Sison and became the youngest Filipino pastry chef at age 18. Go travelled back to Manila to work as assistant pastry chef at Chef Ed Quimpo's Cosmopolitan Cuisine restaurant. After a few years, he managed to set up his own cake shop called Medchef. He then became involved in promoting local Filipino pastries with the Department of Tourism. He was also an active youth advocate inspiring young provincianos to become entrepreneurs.
Go died from liver cancer on October 24, 2015 in Manila, Philippines. His brother Rowden died from the same illness on June 11, 2014 before Hasset died.
And then later on, 2 years after his death, his younger brother Hisham, the youngest among the Go brothers, also died from Stage 4 liver cancer on November 14, 2017.
- "Ang maikli ngunit matamis na buhay ni Chef Hasset Go (Filipino)". GMA News. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Villa, Lolita (12 May 2015). "Celebrity chef shares the sweet life with fellow probinsyanos". Entrepreneur Philippines. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Sison, Heny (25 August 2011). "A pastry chef's bittersweet beginnings". Philippine Star. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- The Kitchen is Now Closed: Chef Hasset Go Dies at 29
- / Hisham Go Passes Away at 27
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|