|Lids Sports Group|
|Industry||Retailer; Full Service Team Dealer, Custom Screen Printer, Embroidery and Sporting Goods Operator|
|Headquarters||Zionsville, Indiana, USA|
Number of locations
|Glenn Campbell (Co-Founder, Executive Vice President), Scott Molander (Co-Founder), David Baxter (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Products||Headwear, Novelties, Apparel, Sporting Goods|
|Divisions||Lids Locker Room, Lids Clubhouse, Lids Team Sports|
Hat World Inc. is an American retailer specializing in athletic headwear. It primarily operates under the LIDS and Hat World brands with stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. The majority of the stores operate in shopping malls and factory outlet centers. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The LIDS Sports Group, operating within Hat World, Inc., comprises the LIDS retail headwear stores, the LIDS Locker Room specialty fan retail chain, the LIDS Clubhouse retail stores, and its Internet businesses, www.lids.com and www.lids.ca. Operating out of Indianapolis, Indiana, the retail businesses make up more than 1,000 mall-based, airport, street level and factory outlet locations nationwide, and in Canada and Puerto Rico. LIDS retail stores offer officially licensed and branded college, major professional sports teams, as well as other specialty fashion categories all in the latest styles and colors. LIDS Locker Room is a mall-based retailer of sports headwear, apparel, accessories, and novelties. Most LIDS and LIDS Locker Room stores also offer custom embroidery capability. LIDS Clubhouse operates team-specific professional sports and university athletics retail stores and e-commerce websites. Hat World, Inc. is a subsidiary of Genesco Inc.
- "Lids - Company Information". Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Genesco Inc. - Lids". Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "Genesco Completes Hat Shack, Inc. Acquisition" (Press release). Genesco Inc. 2004-04-02. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- "2004 Top Stories & Newsmakers: Outside companies snag high-profile loals". Indianapolis Business Journal. 27 December 2004. More than one of
- Stefany Zaroban (2011-06-10). "HatWorld acquires yet another sporting goods retailer". Internetretailer.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|