Have You Ever Been in Love (album)
|Have You Ever Been in Love|
|Studio album by Leo Sayer|
|Leo Sayer chronology|
Have You Ever Been in Love is the tenth studio album by recording artist Leo Sayer. It was originally released in November 1983 by Chrysalis (UK), and Warner Bros. (US) as the follow-up to his ninth album World Radio (1982). It was co-produced by the Grammy Award-winning Arif Mardin, in association with Alan Tarney, and Christopher Neil producing the other tracks. Sayer is credited as co-writer on the tracks "Don't Wait Until Tomorrow", and "Orchard Road".
The album reached #15 on the UK Albums Chart., making it (including the greatest hits compilation album, The Very Best of Leo Sayer) his eleventh successive Top 50 chart entry in the UK Albums Chart, in a period of a little over nine years. The album spawned three singles which all reached the top sixty on the UK Singles Chart, including "Orchard Road", which would become one of Sayer's most popular songs, this would also become the last Sayer single to make the Top 20.
|1.||"Till You Come Back To Me"||4:05|
|2.||"Sea of Heartbreak"||3:44|
|3.||"More Than I Can Say"||3:41|
|5.||"Don't Wait Until Tomorrow"||2:43|
|6.||"How Beautiful You Are"||3:54|
|9.||"Heart (Stop Beating in Time)"||4:35|
|10.||"Your Love Still Brings Me to My Knees"||3:01|
|11.||"Have You Ever Been in Love"||3:43|
|13.||"Love Games"||Tom McKay||3:47|
|14.||"Never Had a Dream Come True"||4:51|
Credits are adapted from the album's liner notes.
- Leo Sayer - lead, harmony and background vocals
- Derek Austin - synthesizer
- Michael Boddicker - synthesizer
- Robbie Buchanan - piano
- Sharon Campbell - background vocals
- Alan Carvell - background vocals
- Bob Christianson - synthesizer
- Mo Foster - bass
- Steve George - background vocals
- Al Hodge - guitar
- Bob Jenkins - drums
- Steve Khan - guitar
- John Kirby - background vocals
- Abraham Laboriel - bass
- Will Lee - bass
- Marcy Levy - background vocals
- Steve Lukather - guitar
- Ian Lynn - synthesizer
- Hank Marvin - guitar
- Christopher Neil - background vocals
- Gordon Neville - background vocals
- Richard Page - background vocals
- Jeff Porcaro - drums
- Jackie Rawe - background vocals
- Frank Ricotti - percussion, marimba
- Casey Schelierell - drums
- Trevor Spencer - drums
- James Stroud - synclavier, Linn programming
- Alan Tarney - synthesizer, bass, guitar, background vocals
- Geoff Westley - piano
- Producers: Arif Mardin, Alan Tarney, Christopher Neil
|Australia Albums Chart||20|
|UK Albums Chart||15|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|"Till You Come Back to Me"||51||81|
|1984||"Sea of Heartbreak"||-||81|
Peter Cetera covers the title song "Have You Ever Been In Love" on his fourth solo album, released in 1992, World Falling Down. Westlife covered the title track in 2006 for their album The Love Album.
- "Leo Sayer: Artist". Official Charts. Archived from the original on 14 September 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 483. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- The Fugitive liner notes. Charisma Records. 1983.
- Leo Sayer chart positions in Australia: