Haverhill (Amtrak station)
|Amtrak inter-city rail station
MBTA commuter rail station
|Location||Washington Street at Railroad Square
Haverhill, MA 01832
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Parking||159 spaces, rate $2.00, six accessible spaces|
|Passengers (2013)||44,660 7.6%|
Haverhill is a train station in Haverhill, Massachusetts. It is served by Amtrak's Downeaster, which connects Boston, Massachusetts and Portland, Maine, and is the terminus of the MBTA Commuter Rail Haverhill/Reading Line.
The station serves as a replacement for a former Boston and Maine Railroad Depot on Hale Street, and two B&M Freight Houses on Essex Street. All three sites were originally built in or before 1870 and are located north of the existing station.
Trains leave for North Station every 30-40 minutes on weekday rush-hour (peak trains). Trains run every other hour on non-peak times, and every three hours on weekends. Amtrak's Downeaster services Haverhill with 5 roundtrips between Boston and Portland daily.
Of the eleven Amtrak stations in Massachusetts, Haverhill was the sixth busiest in FY2010, boarding or detraining an average of approximately 100 passengers daily.
Haverhill is one of two major hubs for MVRTA fixed-route local bus service. Nine routes run from the Washington Square Transit Center three blocks to the east:
- 01 Lawrence-Methuen-Haverhill
- 13 Main Street/North Avenue
- 14 Bradford/Ward Hill
- 15 Hilldale Avenue/Haverhill Commons
- 16 Washington Street/Westgate Plaza
- 18 Riverside
- 51 Haverhill-Amesbury
- 73 Haverhill (Special Employment Service)
- 83 Salisbury Beach/Hampton Beach
- "MBTA > Commuter Rail > Haverhill". MBTA. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- "Haverhill, MA (HHL)". Great American Stations. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, Commonwealth of Massachusetts" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Existing Railroad Stations in Essex County, Massachusetts
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, Commonwealth of Massachusetts" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- Amtrak – Stations – Haverhill, MA
- MBTA - Haverhill Station
- Haverhill, MA (HHL) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Media related to Haverhill (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Haverhill Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Washington Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This Massachusetts train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|