Hazlina Abdul Halim
|Hazlina Abdul Halim|
|Born||17 February 1985 (age 32)
|Occupation||Presenter, Journalist, DJ, News reader|
|Years active||2005 - present|
Hazlina Abdul Halim (born on the 17 February 1985) is a Singaporean television presenter, journalist, news reader and radio announcer. Hazlina is of mixed parentage and is effectively bilingual in English and Bahasa Melayu. She is also conversant in Mandarin. She often fronts live variety and current affairs programmes and telethons. Hazlina is also often sought after for private emceeing engagements and has attended various seminars/workshop as a guest speaker. She is currently with Suria presenting Berita on Suria.
Hazlina was born in Singapore. An avid reader since young, she has always been linguistically inclined and won numerous book prizes in primary and secondary school with honours in debates and oratorical competitions, and was a councillor at Yishun Town Secondary School. Hazlina went on to pursue a diploma in Mass Communication at Ngee Ann Polytechnic where she co-presented and co-produced weekly radio programmes for Radio Heatwave, the campus radio station.
Following her graduation from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, she spent a year working as a presenter and a television journalist in Singapore before deciding to read Political Science and Communication Studies at The University of Western Australia in 2006. In 2010, she was conferred a Master of Film and Television with Distinction from Curtin University of Technology in Perth.
Hazlina's media career began with an internship at Ria 89.7FM during her final year at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. She was talent-scouted to be a part-time announcer affectionately known as "Fairlady". Shortly after, Hazlina debuted on MediaCorp Suria in 2005 on TGIF - weekly magazine programme covering current affairs, lifestyle, music, food and community events.
Barely three months into her television debut, Hazlina presented Pesta Perdana 2005 - a live award show honouring Singapore's Malay Television Industry together with Najip Ali, Rima Melati Adams and Khairudin Saharom.
In October 2005, Hazlina began presenting Berita, MediaCorp Suria's prime-time news bulletin,. She joined the news team as a journalist in February 2006 before leaving in July to pursue her bachelor's degree. Although she was based in Perth, Western Australia, Hazlina would return to Singapore frequently during her vacation periods and was often seen reporting/presenting on Berita and various other programmes on MediaCorp Suria.
Hazlina lectured at Temasek Polytechnic's School of Business, with the Diploma of Communications and Media Management and is currently presenting the Malay news programme, Berita on Suria.
Selected Television Credits
- 2007–present: Berita - Presenter
- 2005 - 2007: Berita - Presenter/Journalist
- 2011: Untukmu Sinaran Hati - Presenter
- 2010 - 2011: Kuiz Xpres - Presenter
- 2010: Bridging Minds (MediaCorp okto/Radio Television Brunei) - Presenter
- 2008: VIVA! (Aurora Channel, Foxtel, Australia) -Producer
- 2008: Rapsodi LIVE! (MediaCorp Suria/Radio Television Brunei, Singapore/Bandar Seri Begawan) - Presenter
- 2008: Sinaran Hati Klasik (MediaCorp Suria) - Presenter
- 2007: Sinaran Hati Presenter
- 2007: FYI (MediaCorp Suria) - Guest
- 2005: Muzika Ekstravaganza II (MediaCorp Suria/Radio Television Malaysia, Singapore/Penang, Malaysia) - Presenter
- 2005: Titian Minda' (MediaCorp Suria/Radio Television Brunei/Bandar Seri Begawan) - Presenter
- 2005: Bridging Minds (MediaCorp Arts Central/Radio Television Brunei/Bandar Seri Begawan) - Presenter
- 2005: Pesta Perdana - Presenter
- 2005: TGIF - Segment Presenter
- Islamic, Events. "Hazlina Halim Speaker's Profile". Islamic Events. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- "Untukmu Sinaran Hati 2011 Media Release". MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 6 April 2011.
- "Kuiz Xpres Interstitial". Suria. MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Sinaran Hati Klasik". MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Sinaran Hati 2007". MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Muzika Ekstravaganza Penang". MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "TGIF". MediaCorp Suria. Retrieved 10 April 2011.