|Origin||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Genres||Circus metal, shock rock, experimental metal, nu metal|
|Associated acts||King Parrot (band), The Berzerker, Man Must Die, KcaveMen, Wish for Wings|
Dylan DK Star
Headkase are an Australian avant-garde metal band from Brisbane, Queensland, formed in 2001. Headkase consists of six members, and are known for theatrical and energetic stage shows, circus-themed masks and facepaint. Often compared to acts like Mr. Bungle, the band combine many musical styles such as metal, jazz, techno, salsa, swing, and circus music.
After forming in early 2001, Headkase self-released a demo/EP titled The Beginning and eventually went on to open for such touring acts as Hed PE, Killing Joke, Skinlab, Jerk, Blood Duster, Devolved and Testeagles. Their full-length studio album The Worm County Circus was released in early 2009. The album was well received outside of Australia, with US magazine "Infernal Masquerade" describing it as "one of the most interesting albums of this year".
- Nathan 'Nutty' Spotswood - vocals (2001–present)
- Raleigh Valemont - guitar (2001–present)
- Tristan Sykes - guitar (2001–present)
- Dylan Kreis - bass guitar (2001–present)
- Todd Hansen - drums (2001–present)
- Brett Hansen - keyboard (2001–present)
The Worm County Circus (2009)
- Opening One-Liner
- The Pirate Bit
- Where The Blood May Lead
- Murdered And Dumped In The Willow
- Discombobulated Alcoholiday
- A Song Called Life
- Cocaine And Caffeine
- Survival Of The World
- Deja Vous
- Hannibal Licked Her
- Come Alive!
The Beginning (2001)
- Raise Some Hell
- Deja Vous
- Allouette And The Lava Lamp
- Hannibal Licked Her
- Get Your Potions
- Halloween Dies
Appearances on compilations
- Appeared on Generation Dead: A Compilation from the Dark Side of Music, released 2010 on Dead Records with their track "Where the Blood May Lead".
- Appeared on Devolution Magazine: Essential Summer Listening, released 2009 by Devolution Magazine in the UK with their track "Cocaine and Caffeine".
- Appeared on Mecha Organa Vol. 2, released 2009 by The Apparatus in the USA with their track "Where the Blood May Lead".
- Appeared on Before the Calm Returns, released 2007 on Before the Calm Returns Records with their track "Murdered and Dumped in the Willow".
|Year||Video||Director||Original Air Date|
|2004||"Where The Blood May Lead" ||Dale Hansen||Friday 16 January 2004 - rage|
The 2010 Australian tour brought Headkase to audiences in Adelaide, Sydney, Newcastle, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. The band performed alongside Todd Hansen's Adelaide-based band KcaveMen in every city.
- "Headkase – The Worm County Circus (2009) < Review". Infernal Masquerade. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- "Headkase < Interview". Rave Magazine. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- "Rage Playlists - Friday 16 January 2004 < Archive Playlist". ABC-TV. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- "Headkase interview – Music Vice speaks to Brett Hansen from the Aussie circus-metal outfit < Interview". Music Vice. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Headkase/114411215283479
Official Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Headkase_Circus
Reverbnation page: www.reverbnation.com/headkaseofficial
Australian Metal Guide profile: http://www.ausmetalguide.com/Headkase