Heavy Glow in 2013
|Origin||San Diego, CA|
|Labels||StockXChange Music Group/SONY BMG Australia, Kozmik Artifactz (Germany), Restricted Release|
|Past members||Dave Rollans
Heavy Glow is a modern American rock band originally from San Diego, California. Formed by vocalist and guitarist Jared Mullins, the band has released two albums, two EP's, one single, and three music videos.
Drummer Jared Mullins moved from Cleveland, Ohio to San Diego and began posting ads on Craigslist looking for a bass player. Joe Brooks responded. After Jared switched from playing drums to playing guitar and singing, the two formed Heavy Glow along with drummer Dave Rollans. At this time Mullins also began doing in-studio guitar tech work in Los Angeles. A chance meeting landed a role as guitar tech for Stevie Salas during recording sessions for Justin Timberlake and T.I. After hearing early demos Stevie Salas brought the band to Matt Sorum's private studio in Los Angeles to produce the band's first EP. The band shortly thereafter signed to Australian record label StockXChange Music Group/Sony Australia. FOX’s television series The Good Guys used the track “Grinning in the Dark” in its second episode.
StockXChange Music unexpectedly disbanded in early 2010 without compensating the band for EP sales. The band then independently recorded "The Filth & The Fury" in one, six-hour live studio recording session. Classic Rock Magazine UK distributed the song “Hot Mess” in a sampler CD for its July issue. The Filth & The Fury was nominated for Best Rock Album of the Year at the 2010 San Diego Music Awards. After which time Mullins became a part-time spokesperson for RockStar Solos and did a promotional video with Stevie Salas and Ron Blair.
In 2011 the band released their debut album Midnight Moan. In 2012 the band recorded a follow-up album with producers Michael Patterson Production Credits and Nic Jodoin. In July 2013, CBS used "Headhunter" in the second episode of the Stephen King series "Under The Dome." The band's follow-up album, Pearls and Swine and Everything Fine, was released in 2014. The band released a music video featuring Mayra Leal of the Robert Rodriguez movie Machete.
In January 2017 the band recorded an album with Ian Davenport (Radiohead, Band of Skulls, Supergrass) at Courtyard Studios in Oxfordshire, England. The album is as of yet untitled and awaiting a release date.
Musical Style & Influences
Heavy Glow is often described as a blend of blues, soul, Motown, psychedelia, classic rock and hard rock  with comparisons to bands as varied as Grand Funk Railroad, Mountain, Humble Pie  Cream (band), and Queens of the Stone Age.
- Current members
- Jared Mullins – vocals, guitars, organ, Rhodes (2008–present)
- Patrick Smith – bass (2016–present)
- Mario Valdez – drums (2016–present)
- Nick Snyder - rhythm guitar, slide guitar (2016–present)
- Heavy Glow (EP) (2009)
- The Filth & The Fury (EP) (2010)
- Midnight Moan (2011)
- Mine All Mine/Headhunter 7" (Single)" (2013)
- Pearls and Swine and Everything Fine (2014)
- "It's Too Late" (2012)
- "Look What You're Doing To Me" (2014)
- "Domino (Black Flowers)" (August 25, 2015)
- "Bio". Heavy Glow Official Website. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Sanford, Jay Allen (December 23, 2008). "Timberlake: Very Impressive". San Diego Reader. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Gimbel, Adam (March 3, 2009). "The Great Demo Review". San Diego Citybeat. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Sanford, Jay Allen (August 4, 2010). "Grinning in the Dark". San Diego Reader. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "Classic Rock Magazine" (146). July 2010: 10, 85.
- "San Diego Music Award Nominees Announced". 91x.com. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Ron Blair, Stevie Salas and Jared Mullins of Heavy Glow". RockStar Solos App. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Keltz, Dryw (June 14, 2011). "Up in the Air". San Diego Citybeat. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- "Michael Patterson is Glowing". Music Connection. September 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- ""Under the Dome" Season 1. Episode 2.". Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "2014 Outsight Radio Hours interview". Archive.org. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "On This Month's Fear Candy". Terrorizer Magazine (267): 12. January 2016.
- "Editor's Notes". Itunes. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Courtney, James. "Heavy Glow Brings Lusty Blues-Rock To The Mix: Muscle and Soul". San Antonio Current. San Antonio Current. Retrieved June 1, 2016.