||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Past members||Eric Arikian
The band was formed in the summer of 1994 by guitarist Steve Cunningham, bass player Chris Whalen, guitarist Eric Arikian and vocalist Chris Baglieri, Heckle (briefly named "Lick") found original drummer Tim Caspare to complete the group. The band then released a split single in January 1996 with AFI, followed in the spring of 1996 by a full-length LP on Wingnut Records entitled We're Not Laughing With You. After a nationwide summer tour, the band parted ways with their original drummer. The position was then filled by Todd Hennig who was the drummer for the Vermont hardcore band SevenYearsWar, which Steve had once played guitar for. After another East Coast tour, Heckle was signed by Hopeless Records and recorded their second and last album with Donnell Cameron at Westbeach Recorders in Hollywood, California The Complicated Futility of Ignorance. Henning and Miner later joined Death by Stereo. Arikian and Whalen featured in the group Let's Be Loveless.
- Eric Arikian - guitar
- Christopher Baglieri - vocals (1994–1995)
- Steve Cunningham - guitar, vocals
- Chris Whalen - bass
- Tim Caspare - drums (1994–1996)
- Todd Hennig - drums (1996–1997)
- Jim Miner - guitar (1997)
- AFI/Heckle split 7" single (Wingnut Records, 1996) - with AFI
- We're Not Laughing With You CD/LP (Wingnut Records, 1996)
- Jughead's Revenge/Heckle split 7" single with Jughead's Revenge (Hopeless Records, 1997)
- The Complicated Futility of Ignorance CD/LP (Hopeless Records, 1997)
- Punk Fiction song "D-Day" CD (Wedge Records, 1997)
- From the Ground Up song "Safety Net" (Eyeball Records, 1996)
- Hopelessly Devoted to You, Too song "Joke's on Me" (Hopeless Records, 1998)
- Take Action! song "Little Engine" (Sub City Records, 1999)
- Hopelessly Devoted to You Vol. 3 song "Along For The Ride" (Hopeless Records, 2000)
- "AFI / Heckle - AFI / Heckle Split". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Heckle - We're Not Laughing With You". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Heckle - The Complicated Futility Of Ignorance". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "The Interview – Let's Be Loveless - DKFM Shoegaze Radio News". DKFM Shoegaze Radio News. Retrieved 2015-10-28.