Kinigadner in 2009
|Born||28 January 1960 (age 58)|
Uderns, Tyrol, Austria
|Years active||1978 - 1988|
|Championships||250cc - 1984, 1985|
Born in Uderns, Tyrol, Kinigadner was the F.I.M. 250cc Motocross World Champion in 1984 and 1985 while riding for the KTM factory racing team. After his motocross career, Kinigadner began competing in off-road races such as the Paris to Dakar rally and the Rallye des Pharaons. He also serves as a sporting director for KTM.
After his younger brother and son were paralyzed in accidents, Kinigadner helped start the Wings for Life foundation together with Dietrich Mateschitz, which is dedicated to finding a cure for spinal cord injuries. Heinz also has a stake in the KTM Sport-motorcycle Corporation. Being the first Austrian World Motocross Champion racing on the Austrian KTM made him a national hero in his home country.
- "Heinz Kinigadner career profile". bestsports.com.br. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "1984 250cc motocross world championship final standings". memotocross.fr. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "1985 250cc motocross world championship final standings". memotocross.fr. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- Parade Lap. American Motorcyclist. Books.Google.com. November 1984. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "Heinz Kinigadner Wins Second 250cc Motocross World Championship In Succession". ktm.com. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Wings for Life". wingsforlife.com. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- Heinz Kinigadner home page (in German)