Henley College Coventry
|Type||Further education college|
|DfE URN||130472 Tables|
|Students||5,000 (part-time), 1,600 (full-time)|
|Website||Henley College Coventry|
Henley College Coventry is a further education college in the city of Coventry, England. Established in 1964, it is one of three further education colleges within the city boundaries, alongside City College Coventry and Hereward College. It is located to the north of Coventry city centre and is close to the M6 motorway in a sub area of Bell Green. Graduation ceremonies are held at Coventry Cathedral.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)|
After plans to extensively renovate the college failed in 2009 due to lack of funding, the college was given permission to begin a £6million revamp and expansion in October 2012, replacing the college's original 1960s structures with more modern facilities.
The college takes on about 6,000 students per year and have both FE and HE courses which include: Applied, Medical, and Forensic Science, Beauty Therapy, Business and Professional Studies, Childcare and Education, Computing, Games Design, Engineering, Hairdressing, Health and Social Care, Sports and Exercise Sciences, and Travel and Tourism.
Notable alumni include:
- Marlon Devonish MBE - 100 metre and 200 metre sprint athlete
- Chris Kirkland - footballer
- Darius Vassell - footballer
- Adam Whitehead - swimmer
- "About Henley". Henley College Coventry. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Lynch, Lucy (7 April 2009). "Henley College rebuild plans put on hold". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Simpson, Cara (27 October 2012). "Henley College gets the go-ahead for £6 million extension". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Subjects". Henley College Coventry. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- O'Hare, Sean (6 July 2011). "Henley College Coventry guide". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
|This West Midlands school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|