Henry Alex Rubin
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Parent(s)||James H. Rubin|
Henry-Alex Rubin is an American filmmaker.
Life and career
Rubin directed the film Who is Henry Jaglom? (PBS, First Run Features, w/ Candice Bergen, Dennis Hopper) produced Freestyle (Palm Pictures, w/ Mos Def, The Roots, Biggie), which won Best Documentary at the Woodstock, LAIFF and Urbanworld Film Festivals.
Rubin was mentored by James Mangold (Walk the Line) directing the Second Unit on several films including Cop Land and Girl, Interrupted. He co-directed Murderball (Thinkfilm, MTV Films) with Dana Adam Shapiro. Murderball won the Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival and was nominated for a Best Documentary Academy Award.
Rubin directs commercials for Smuggler (production company), shooting campaigns for brands such as Adidas, Volvo, Samsung, AT&T and Coca-Cola. Rubin directed several landmark campaigns including "Whopper Freakout" for Burger King and "Pizza Turnaround" for Domino's and was named one of the top 5 most award-winning commercial directors in the world with 22 Cannes Lions and 5 Clios in the past four years.
He directed the feature film, Disconnect. Starring Alexander Skarsgard and Jason Bateman, the drama premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival and the Venice International Film Festival in 2012.
- Mottram, James (July 21, 2013). "Anti-social networks". South China Morning Post. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Murderball (2005) : Awards". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam and the BBDO network top Gunn Report's 2011 honours list | MAA". Moreaboutadvertising.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Creativity Awards Report 2011 | Awards 2011 - Advertising Age". Creativity-online.com. 2011-10-30. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Connecting with Disconnect | Rollo Ross". Huffingtonpost.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-03-03.