Henry Browne, 5th Marquess of Sligo
Henry Ulick Browne, 5th Marquess of Sligo (14 March 1831 – 24 February 1913), styled Lord Henry Browne until 1903, was an Irish peer.
Browne was the fourth son of Howe Browne, 2nd Marquess of Sligo, and Lady Hester Catherine de Burgh, daughter of John de Burgh, 13th Earl of Clanricarde. He succeeded to the marquessate in December 1903, aged 72, on the death of his unmarried elder brother. He married Catherine Henrietta Dicken, daughter of William Stephens Dicken, on 25 October 1855. They had ten children:
- George Browne, 6th Marquess of Sligo (1856–1935)
- Catherine Elizabeth Browne (1857–1874)
- Herbert Richard Browne (1858–1890)
- Lady Edith Hester Browne (1860–1936)
- Lady Florence Marion Browne (1863–1946)
- Arthur Browne, 8th Marquess of Sligo (1867–1951)
- Terence Browne, 9th Marquess of Sligo (1873–1952)
- Lady Nora Browne (1873–1948)
- Alice Evelyn Browne (1877–?)
- Lord Alfred Eden Browne (1878 – 27 August 1918)
- Paths of Glory. Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery. 1997. p. 90.
- Burke's Irish Family Records, Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, ed., 1976, p. 38.
- The Complete Peerage, volume XIV, 1998, p. 502.
|Peerage of Ireland|
John Thomas Browne
|Marquess of Sligo
George Ulick Browne