Hiyas (TV series)
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents:
|Written by||Manny Buising
Ruby Leah Castro
Agnes De Guzman
|Directed by||Adolfo Alix, Jr.
Theodore C. Boborol
Catherine O. Camarillo
|Theme music composer||Juris Fernandez|
|Opening theme||"Di Lang Ikaw" by Erik Santos|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||35|
|Executive producer(s)||Katrina Juban|
|Editor(s)||Sonny De Jesus
Bren John De Leon
Ayen Del Carmen
Lara Theresa Linsangan
|Running time||30-45 minutes
Weekdays at 17:00 (PST)
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||May 28, 2012– July 13, 2012|
Hiyas (lit. Gem) is a Philippine romantic-drama TV series aired by ABS-CBN that premiered on May 28, 2012 replacing Wako Wako on its Kapamilya Gold timeslot. The series is based on the Filipino romance pocket book Silang, The Fierce Warrior by Sofia. It is the 15th installment of the Precious Hearts Romances Presents series.
The series was marked for the third year anniversary installment of the Precious Hearts Romances television adaptations for giving Three Years of Many Top Rating Serials and is the first adaptation to have a Fantasy Action Adventure for Television under 'Precious Hearts Romances' television distribution.
Silang is, a fierce warrior from the ethnic group Tanah, The begotten son of Lucio and Salve who is prophesied to bring the long-lost mythical precious gem in Tanah which is believed that will bring prosperity and reconciliation between the two raging clans of Lucio and Biano.
He fell in love and set to marry his childhood sweetheart Giana, daughter of Biano, if and only if Silang brings the precious gem in Tanah. This is the only condition given by Biano for Silang before they get married.
As Silang journeys in the city to unfold the mystery of the missing precious gem, he will meet Sapphire Salvador. She is a very sophisticated but charitable woman and soon to get married to an eligible bachelor, Aldrich Zaragosa, who is oddly missing on their wedding day. Sapphire is also the unica hija of the owner of Gemini Industries, Donato Salvador who is associated and lead to the missing precious gem.
Silang and Sapphire will go hand-in-hand in search for the truth about the precious gem. Through Sapphire, Silang’s quest for 'hiyas' will fall into his hand as the two went into life-threatening danger. Thus, what they’ve been through will draw their hearts close to each other.
- Zanjoe Marudo as Silang
- Megan Young as Sapphire Salvador
- Edward Mendez as Aldrich Zaragoza
- Mercedes Cabral as Giana
- John Arcilla as Donato Salvador
- Tetchie Agbayani as Elizabeth Salvador
- Jong Cuenco as David Zaragoza
- Angel Jacob as Rina Zaragoza
- Sharmaine Suarez as Legay
- Nonie Buencamino as Biano
- Allan Paule as Lucio
- Neri Naig as Laura
- Tess Antonio as Isay
- Archie Alemania as Karel
- Lemuelle Pelayo as Raon
- Kristel Moreno as Portia
- Dionne Monsanto as Gemma
- Cara Eriguel as Lenny
- Joe Gruta as Apo Asig
- Bjorn Aguilar as Langkawan
- Alizon Andres as Nestor
- Joross Gamboa as Evan
- Johan Santos as Bimbo
- RJ Calipus as Alex
- Maliksi Morales as young Silang
- Maurice Mabutas as young Sapphire
- Phebe Kay Arbotante as young Giana
- Joem Bascon as young Biano
- Manuel Chua as young Lucio
- Bangs Garcia as Salve
- Arnold Reyes
- Tanya Gomez
- The television series was set in production in mid-2010 and was supposed to be released in April 2011 for the Kapamilya Gold line up for its 2nd Anniversary offering but due to numerous schedule conflicts and new lineups of soaps such as Reputasyon and Mula Sa Puso the series was finally decided to be aired on May 28, 2012 after the success of its preceding soap PHR presents: Lumayo Ka Man Sa Akin.
- Joem Bascon and Nonie Buencamino who portrayed Biano (as young and old respectively) played their respective antagonist roles in Walang Hanggan as Tomas and Miguel respectively.
Hiyas is not available in all ABS-CBN Regional Network Group channels due to local versions of TV Patrol on the same time slot. Instead a replay of recent broadcasts are shown the next day mostly Tuesdays-Friday and Monday on its Morning or Afternoon block, depending on the station.