Hold On Tight (album)
|Hold On Tight|
|Studio album by Hey Monday|
|Released||October 7, 2008|
|Recorded||June 1 – August 3, 2008|
|Genre||Pop punk, power pop|
|Producer||Bret Disend, S*A*M & Sluggo|
|Hey Monday chronology|
|Singles from Hold On Tight|
Hold On Tight is the debut studio album by American rock band Hey Monday. All the songs featured on the album were co-written and produced by: S*A*M & Sluggo, who have worked with many other artists in the past, most notably Gym Class Heroes, Katy Perry and The Academy Is....
Hey Monday's lead singer, Cassadee Pope, explained when the band were writing the songs for the record, they wanted to create something that people could really enjoy and dance to, while still putting their hearts into the songs. Pope states "I feel that in the lyrics of the songs I’ve written for this album, I really was able to do this & the songs really show the diversity I feel I possess."
Hold On Tight made headway in the Top Heatseekers chart peaking at #11. By October 2009, the album's sales stood at 64,000. Critical response to the album was overall positive. Andrew Leahey of Allmusic guide gave the album a favorable review, stating, "There's certainly some filler here, particularly toward the album's conclusion, but Hold On Tight is still stacked with enough T.G.I.F. nuggets to make it an endearing, engaging debut."
The song "Should've Tried Harder" appeared in the video game MLB 2K9. The song "Homecoming" appeared in a commercial for the 2009 film Star Trek. The song "Run, Don't Walk" appeared in the video game Tony Hawk: Ride
It is the only album to feature the original drummer, Elliot James, and the only full-length to feature original bassist, Jersey Moriarty.
All lyrics written by Cassadee Pope.
|1.||"Set Off"||Mike Gentile, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz, Pope||3:27|
|2.||"How You Love Me Now"||Hollander, Katz, Pope, Butch Walker||3:18|
|3.||"Homecoming"||William Beckett, Hollander, Katz, Pope||3:58|
|4.||"Obvious"||Hollander, Katz, Pope||3:29|
|5.||"Candles"||Gentile, Hollander, Katz, Pope||2:55|
|6.||"Run, Don't Walk"||Hollander, Katz, Pope||3:43|
|8.||"Hurricane Streets"||Gentile, Hollander, Katz, Pope||3:07|
|9.||"Arizona"||Gentile, Hollander, Katz, Pope||3:37|
|10.||"Should've Tried Harder"||Pope||3:07|
|Japanese Import bonus tracks|
|12.||"Run, Don't Walk (Live in Tokyo)" (available only on Japan Import)|
|13.||"Josey (Live in Tokyo)" (available on Japan Import)|
|14.||"Candles (Acoustic Demo Version)" (available only on Japan Import)||Cassadee Pope|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||11|
|Australian Albums Chart||71|
- Cassadee Pope – lead vocals
- Mike Gentile – lead guitar
- Alex Lipshaw – rhythm guitar
- Michael "Jersey" Moriarty – bass, backing vocals
- Elliot James – drums, backing vocals
- Bobby Nolan – keyboards
- Produced by Bret Disend, Sam "S*A*M" Hollander and Dave "Sluggo" Katz
- Engineered by Sean Gould
- Mixed by Stephen Harris
- Mastered by Scott Hull
- Rob Mathes – Arranger
- Piano by Clifford Carter
- Programming by Sam Hollander and Dave Katz
- Additional vocals by Will Pugh
- Additional guitars by Joseph Pepper
- Violin by Warren Zalinski
- Viola by Peter Lale
- Cello by Anthony Pleeth
- "Hey Monday- Access All Areas Artist Interview". Access All Areas. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- Bell; Harding 2009, p. 57
- "Hold On Tight - Hey Monday :Billboard album information". Billboard. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- "ARIA Top 100 Albums - Week Commencing 2nd March 2009". ARIA Charts. Retrieved 23 December 2009.