Hope (CDP), New Jersey
Hope, New Jersey
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.615 sq mi (1.593 km2)|
|• Land||0.614 sq mi (1.592 km2)|
|• Water||0.001 sq mi (0.002 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||417 ft (127 m)|
|• Density||317.3/sq mi (122.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02584002|
Hope is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Hope Township in Warren County, New Jersey, United States, that was defined as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP's population was 195.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 0.615 square miles (1.593 km2), including 0.614 square miles (1.592 km2) of land and 0.001 square miles (0.002 km2) of water (0.10%).
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 195 people, 84 households, and 54.012 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 317.3 per square mile (122.5/km2). There were 102 housing units at an average density of 166.0 per square mile (64.1/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 92.31% (180) White, 1.03% (2) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 5.64% (11) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 1.03% (2) from other races, and 0.00% (0) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.62% (9) of the population.
There were 84 households out of which 23.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.0% were married couples living together, 9.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.7% were non-families. 23.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.32 and the average family size was 2.78.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 20.0% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 21.5% from 25 to 44, 35.9% from 45 to 64, and 15.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45.4 years. For every 100 females there were 91.2 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 100.0 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hope Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 3, 2013
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Hope CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed April 18, 2015.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Warren County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 4, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-5, August 2012. Accessed June 4, 2013. "Warren County—Name Changes: Beattystown CDP name corrected from Beatyestown; New CDPs: Allamuchy (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Anderson, Asbury, Blairstown, Brainards, Bridgeville, Broadway, Brookfield, Buttzville, Columbia, Delaware, Delaware Park, Finesville, Great Meadows (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna CDP and additional area), Greenwich, Hainesburg, Harmony, Hope, Hutchinson, Johnsonburg, Lopatcong Overlook, Marksboro, Mountain Lake, Mount Hermon, New Village, Panther Valley (formed from part of deleted Allamuchy-Panther Valley CDP), Port Colden, Port Murray, Silver Lake, Stewartsville, Upper Pohatcong, Upper Stewartsville, and Vienna (formed from part of deleted Great Meadows-Vienna and additional area)"