How I Met Your Mother (season 3)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|How I Met Your Mother (season 3)|
The Legendary Season 3 DVD cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Original release||September 24, 2007– May 19, 2008|
The third season of the American television comedy series How I Met Your Mother premiered on September 24, 2007 and concluded on May 19, 2008. It consisted of 20 episodes, each running approximately 22 minutes in length. CBS broadcast the third season on Monday nights at 8:00 pm in the United States until December 10, 2007 when the season was interrupted by the writer's strike, when the season continued on March 17, 2008 it was moved back to 8:30pm. The complete third season was released on Region 1 DVD on October 7, 2008. In the United Kingdom it aired via E4 from October 30, 2009 weekdays at 7:30pm.
- Josh Radnor as Ted Mosby
- Jason Segel as Marshall Eriksen
- Cobie Smulders as Robin Scherbatsky
- Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson
- Alyson Hannigan as Lily Aldrin
- Bob Saget (uncredited) as Future Ted Mosby (voice only)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|45||1||"Wait for It"||Pamela Fryman||Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||September 24, 2007||3ALH01||8.12|
|When Robin arrives home with a hunky Argentinean boyfriend, Ted decides to go out with Barney for a "legen...wait for it...dary!" night to forget about Robin moving on. Guest starring: Enrique Iglesias as "Gael" and Mandy Moore as "Amy".|
|46||2||"We're Not from Here"||Pamela Fryman||Chris Harris||October 1, 2007||3ALH02||7.88|
|After seeing girls swoon for Robin's boyfriend, Gael, because of his foreign charm, Barney and Ted try to pull themselves off as out-of-towners in order to meet girls. Marshall and Lily write letters which are to be read after their death, while Robin begins to lose her relaxed self she had when she vacationed in Argentina.|
|47||3||"Third Wheel"||Pamela Fryman||David Hemingson||October 8, 2007||3ALH04||7.96|
|Two women become very interested in Ted and end up taking the party to his place. The gang must show Ted that bad luck doesn't come in threes. Guest starring: Danica Mckellar as "Trudy"|
|48||4||"Little Boys"||Rob Greenberg||Kourtney Kang||October 15, 2007||3ALH03||7.71|
|Robin dates a single dad, and to her surprise, bonds with the man's son, which causes her to worry that the relationship is too serious. Meanwhile Ted and Barney compete to see who has more 'game'.|
|49||5||"How I Met Everyone Else"||Pamela Fryman||Gloria Calderon Kellett||October 22, 2007||3ALH05||8.50|
|Ted's new girlfriend becomes jealous that the story about how Ted and his friends met is better than how she met him, resulting in her ranking on Barney's "crazy scale" to go through the roof.|
|50||6||"I'm Not That Guy"||Pamela Fryman||Jonathan Groff||October 29, 2007||3ALH06||8.55|
|When a law firm tries to recruit Marshall, executive Jefferson Coatsworth (John Cho) is able to win him over, forcing Marshall to stray from his dream to save the Earth. Meanwhile, the gang finds out that a porn star is named after one of them.|
|51||7||"Dowisetrepla"||Pamela Fryman||Brenda Hsueh||November 5, 2007||3ALH07||8.77|
|Lily and Marshall make a rash of irresponsible decisions when buying an apartment in the "Dowisetrepla" neighbourhood, while Barney uses this opportunity to hook up with women without giving away his address. Marshall learns about Lily's secret.|
|52||8||"Spoiler Alert"||Pamela Fryman||Stephen Lloyd||November 12, 2007||3ALH08||8.58|
|An annoying habit in Ted's new girlfriend causes the gang to point out their own bad habits which are unnoticed by the group. Marshall turns to Barney for help after forgetting his password to check his bar exam results.|
|53||9||"Slapsgiving"||Pamela Fryman||Matt Kuhn||November 19, 2007||3ALH09||8.06|
|Lily and Marshall have their first Thanksgiving as a married couple; Barney is tortured by the slap bet countdown clock, worrying about when the slap will be dished out.|
|54||10||"The Yips"||Pamela Fryman||Jamie Rhonheimer||November 26, 2007||3ALH10||7.91|
|After everyone joins a gym, Barney sees Rhonda (the woman who took his virginity) there. After learning that his performance with her was poor, he loses his ability to approach women. Barney loses his 'mojo' and heads to the Victoria's Secret Fall Fashion Show party to try to get it back, but he's put to the test when he meets Heidi Klum.|
|55||11||"The Platinum Rule"||Pamela Fryman||Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||December 10, 2007||3ALH11||8.49|
|Ted's friends try to discourage him from going on a date with his doctor, a person he sees regularly, by telling their own bad experiences.|
|56||12||"No Tomorrow"||Pamela Fryman||Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||March 17, 2008||3ALH12||9.73|
|Ted decides to take on Barney's lifestyle for St. Patrick's Day, which would likely include activities which are very un-saintly. Robin and Marshall don't know how to tell Lily that something is wrong with their new apartment.|
|57||13||"Ten Sessions"||Pamela Fryman||Chris Harris, Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||March 24, 2008||3ALH14||10.67|
|While Ted is repeatedly rejected for a date by his dermatologist, Stella (Sarah Chalke), her receptionist, Abby (Britney Spears), becomes interested in him.|
|58||14||"The Bracket"||Pamela Fryman||Joe Kelly||March 31, 2008||3ALH13||9.50|
|A mysterious woman is sabotaging Barney's attempts to hook up with other women, forcing him to use a tournament bracket to narrow down a group of 64 women who have a reason to hate him.|
|59||15||"The Chain of Screaming"||Pamela Fryman||Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||April 14, 2008||3ALH15||7.99|
|Marshall cries in front of his boss after he screams at him, and everybody gives Marshall their own unique advice on how to confront his boss about the situation.|
|60||16||"Sandcastles in the Sand"||Pamela Fryman||Kourtney Kang||April 21, 2008||3ALH16||8.45|
|Robin rekindles a spark with Simon, an old flame (James Van Der Beek), but he ends up breaking her heart again. Barney and his own inimitable style helps make her feel better. Guests appearances Tiffany and Alan Thicke.|
|61||17||"The Goat"||Pamela Fryman||Stephen Lloyd||April 28, 2008||3ALH17||8.84|
|After sleeping with Robin, Barney feels guilty and hires Marshall to search for a loophole in the Bro Code in order to maintain his friendship with Ted. Meanwhile, Lily decides to rescue a goat while the gang plans Ted's surprise party.|
|62||18||"Rebound Bro"||Pamela Fryman||Jamie Rhonheimer||May 5, 2008||3ALH18||8.36|
|Stella is finally ready to get intimate with Ted. Meanwhile, since his split with Ted, Barney searches for a replacement Bro, finally settling reluctantly on his hapless co-worker Randy (Will Forte).|
|63||19||"Everything Must Go"||Pamela Fryman||Jonathan Groff & Chris Harris||May 12, 2008||3ALH19||8.93|
|Lily is forced to sell her paintings in order to fix the slanted floor in her apartment. Barney finally confronts his mysterious saboteur and uses this opportunity to strike a blow to Ted.|
|64||20||"Miracles"||Pamela Fryman||Carter Bays & Craig Thomas||May 19, 2008||3ALH20||7.99|
|Ted re-evaluates his life and his relationship with Stella after a close call with death from an accident. Marshall and Robin debate about the existence of miracles.|
The third season of How I Met Your Mother was met with mostly positive reviews. Michelle Zoromski of IGN gave the season a positive review and said that "the season was fun and clever, a good, consistent flow from the first two seasons".
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 2, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 9, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 16, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 23, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. October 30, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. November 13, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Overnight Results 11/12". TVByTheNumbers. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. November 27, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. December 4, 2007. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 1, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 8, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Nielsen Ratings Mon April 14: CBS Feels Young Again". April 15, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. April 29, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 6, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 13, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Weekly Program Rankings". ABC Medianet. May 20, 2008. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Gorman, Bill (28 May 2008). "Top CBS Primetime Shows, May 19–25". Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Wheat, Alynda. "How I Met Your Mother: Season 3". Entertainment Weekly. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Zoromski, Michelle. "How I Met Your Mother: Season 3 Review". IGN. IGN Entertainment Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2014.