How Long (Betcha' Got a Chick on the Side)
|"How Long (Betcha' Got a Chick on the Side)"|
|Single by The Pointer Sisters|
|from the album Steppin'|
|Writer(s)||Anita Pointer, Bonnie Pointer, David Rubinson|
"How Long (Betcha' Got a Chick on the Side)" is a funk classic by American family girl group the Pointer Sisters, released as the first single from their Steppin' album in 1975. Written by group members Anita Pointer and Bonnie Pointer with David Rubinson, the song's mixture of funky R&B and the sisters' soulful harmonies helped make it a standout in the Pointer Sisters' early catalog. The single was a significant hit for the group, reaching number 20 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and was the group's first and only number-one single on the U.S. Hot Soul Singles chart, where it spent two weeks at number one.
- Lead vocals by Anita Pointer
- Background vocals by Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer, Bonnie Pointer and June Pointer
- Written by Anita Pointer, Bonnie Pointer, David Rubinson
- Produced by David Rubinson
Buddy Rich recorded a version of the song for his 1976 album Speak No Evil. The song's chorus was sampled famously by the hip hop trio Salt-n-Pepa a decade later on their 1986 song "Chick on the Side." Queen Latifah also covered the song for her 2007 album Trav'lin' Light.
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||20|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 465.
- "Buddy Rich & the Big Band Machine - Speak No Evil CD Album". Cduniverse.com. 2008-06-10. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
"Your Love" by Graham Central Station
|Billboard Hot Soul Singles number-one single
September 6–13, 1975
"It Only Takes a Minute" by Tavares
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|