Hungama Digital Media Entertainment
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hungama Digital Media is a company headquartered in Mumbai. The company was first launched in 1999 by Ashish Kacholia, Hiren Ved, Lashit Sanghvi, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, and Neeraj Roy as an online promotions agency. The company has since grown to where they also serve as an aggregator, developer, publisher, and distributor of Bollywood and Asian entertainment.
The company first launched in 1999 as "Hungama.com", a promotional marketing portal. In 2000 the company acquired Indiafm and in the following years began to work marketing campaigns for companies such as Coca-Cola and Nike. In 2007 Hungama launched their gaming portal and in 2009, the company re-launched their website and company name, changing it to Hungama Digital Media Entertainment. In 2012 Hungama Digital Media Entertainment launched Artist aloud!, a digital platform for artists and music fans. It won Gold Award for Best Digital Communications Campaign from the Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia (2009)
- "Hungama Digital Media bags Meffy for 'Tata Sky Active Mall' service". India Today. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Value before Valuation". Forbes India. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Cloud Platform Helped Hungama Digital Media Lower Its Cost By 50 Percent". CIO. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Artist aloud!". NIE. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Best Digital Communications Campaign" (PDF). Promotion Marketing Awards of Asia. Retrieved 18 January 2014.