Huntington Bay, New York
|Huntington Bay, New York|
|Village of Huntington Bay|
U.S. Census Map
|• Type||Incorporated Village|
|• Mayor||Herbert Morrow|
|• Total||1.9 sq mi (4.9 km2)|
|• Land||1.0 sq mi (2.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2.3 km2)|
|Elevation||16 ft (5 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,437|
|• Density||750/sq mi (290/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0953490|
The Village of Huntington Bay is in the town of Huntington.
Huntington Bay is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.9 square miles (4.9 km2), of which 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2) is land and 0.89 square miles (2.3 km2), or 47.32%, is water.
The government of Huntington Bay is headed by Mayor Herbert Morrow and four trustees. The current trustees include Deputy Mayor Dennis Gai (also serving as Road Commissioner and Acting Police Commissioner), Dominick Spada, Jay Meyer and Don Rave. Also representing the village are seven administration officials headed by Village Administrator Lynn Pincomb, five members of the Zoning Board of Appeals including Chairman Ron Prior, Village Justice Stephen Kunken, Court Clerk Kristen Gerken and prosecuting attorney Andrew Lawrence.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,496 people, 539 households, and 454 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,456.4 people per square mile (560.8/km2). There were 560 housing units at an average density of 545.2 per square mile (209.9/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 98.46% White, 0.07% African American, 0.94% Asian, and 0.53% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.27% of the population.
There were 539 households out of which 33.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 75.9% were married couples living together, 5.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.6% were non-families. 12.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.78 and the average family size was 3.02.
In the village, the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 18.9% from 25 to 44, 35.4% from 45 to 64, and 16.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 98.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $151,816, and the median income for a family was $163,820. Males had a median income of $100,000 versus $55,893 for females. The per capita income for the village was $71,798. None of the families and 2.0% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 2.9% of those over 64.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Huntington Bay village, New York". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Village Police". Village of Huntington Bay. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- "Village of Huntington Bay: Budget". Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- "openbook". openbookny. Retrieved 2009-09-012. Check date values in:
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.