This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Scooter|
|from the album ... and the Beat Goes On!|
|Released||26 May 1994|
|Format||CD single, CD maxi, 12" maxi|
|Songwriter(s)||H. P. Baxxter, Rick J. Jordan,|
Jens Thele, Ferris Bueller
|Scooter singles chronology|
"Hyper Hyper" is a song by German band Scooter. It was released in May 1994 as the first single from their first album ... and the Beat Goes On!, released in 1995. It was sold in three versions: two of the versions had the same track listings, but different covers. "Hyper Hyper" was one of the most successful dance hits of 1994.
The original "Hyper Hyper" quotes were taken from Ultra-Sonic's 1993 track "Annihilating Rhythm (Do you love your hardcore?)", licensed to Low Spirit Records/Polydor. Ultra-Sonic receive a "big shout" in the lyrics of the song, as do a further thirty DJs who were popular in Germany in the mid-1990s.
Music & Media wrote about the song: "In the wake of massive successes by DJs-turned-performers such as Marusha, Sven Väth, Westbam and Jam & Spoon, a new star is born. Produced by, a highly successful remixer collective, all ingredients are present to emulate the success of the aforementioned."
The music video for "Hyper Hyper" was directed by Plastic Reality.
Charts and sales
End of year charts
The song was covered again in 2011, entitled "Hacker Hacker", by the German hacker FX of Phenoelit (who provided the lyrics adaptation) and DJ Dom Williams (Phonoelit, TimeCoderz), on the occasion of the last official ph-neutral 0x7db, a Berlin hacker and computer security conference. In this version of the song, the shout-outs go out to 30 more or less famous hackers, researchers and information security professionals.
- Ultrasonic (PA / Old Skool / Rave / Hardcore)
- "Music & Media: New Releases" (PDF). Music & Media. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Scooter - Hyper, Hyper (viva tv 1994) HD Audio". YouTube. Retrieved December 9, 2018.
- "Austriancharts.at – Scooter – Hyper Hyper" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Scooter – Hyper Hyper" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Scooter – Hyper Hyper" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. Retrieved July 14, 2019. Cite magazine requires
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- "Lescharts.com – Scooter – Hyper Hyper" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Scooter – Hyper Hyper". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Irish Singles Chart – Search for song". Irish Recorded Music Association. Archived from the original on June 3, 2009. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Interprete: S". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Scooter" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Scooter – Hyper Hyper". VG-lista.
- Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Scooter – Hyper Hyper". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Scooter – Hyper Hyper". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Single top 100 over 1995" (pdf) (in Dutch). Top40. Retrieved April 17, 2010.
- "1995 Swiss Singles Chart" (in German). Swisscharts. Archived from the original on January 13, 2010. Retrieved April 18, 2010.
- "Austrian single certifications – Scooter – Hyper Hyper" (in German). IFPI Austria.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Scooter; 'Hyper Hyper')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- Phenoelit – Hacker Hacker (on youtube.com)
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|